Day trip -Mtskheta-Jvari Gori-Uplistsikhe
UNESCO World Heritage-listed monasteries plus cathedrals spanning the 6th to 11th centuries introduce visitors to Georgia’s long and rich religious history on this tour from Tbilisi.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Uplistsiche Cave Town
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mtskheta, Mtskheta, Mtskheta-Mtianeti Region
The tour starts at 10:00 am heading to the eastern part of Georgia, towards Mtskheta. Mtskheta was the capital of the Eastern Georgian Kingdom of Iberia from the third century BC, and is one of the oldest towns and the cultural and religious center of Georgia.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Jvari Church, Mtskheta Georgia
Next, visit the Jvari monastery, a true architectural masterpiece of the early medieval period built on a hilltop. From the hill, gaze down to the merging Aragvi and Mtkvari rivers below, and enjoy a stop to take photos.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Gori, Gori, Shida Kartli Region
With your local guide, continue onto Gori, the homeland of Stalin, to visit Stalin’s house, museum and train wagon. At the Stalin museum, learn about the life of the infamous dictator at the exhibit which includes unique photos, gifts and furniture. After the museum there’s time for lunch in the city of Gori, with the option to choose between dining at a Georgian restaurant.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Uplistsiche Cave Town, Kvakhvreli 15 km Eastwards to Town Gori, Gori 1423 Georgia
After lunch head to the cave town of Uplistsikhe, named “Fortress of the Lord”, situated on a rocky mount on the left bank of the river Mtkvari. The fortress is mentioned in chronicles dating back to the earliest of times, and its history began in the I-II millennium B.C. Uplistsikhe was an important religious, political and cultural center in the Hellenistic and the late Antique periods, and it has been identified as one of the oldest urban settlements in Georgia. Enjoy an interesting walking tour here of the rock-cut structures, including and amphitheater.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
rustaveli metro station
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.