Day Trek in the Simien Mountain
We arrange air-conditioned vehicles in excellent conditions, clean and commodious. Our guides are professional.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Scout and Local guides where needed
- Entry/Admission - Simien Mountains National Park
What's excluded :
- services which are not mentioned in the inclusion section
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Simien Mountains National Park, Ethiopia
We will meet you in the morning at Gondar Airport or your hotel in Gondar. Drive from Gondar to Debark, which is the headquarter town for the national park. We will stop here to get a permission to enter the park and meet the scout. We will have tea and coffee break and visit the local market if we have time. The local market is open every day, and every Wednesday and Saturday is the big market day. From Debark town, we will drive to the park gate, which is about 16km from the town. Then, we are heading about 6km to Buit Ras, the first area of the national park. From Buit Ras, we will trek for about 3, 4 hours to Chilkuwanit which is one of the most beautiful viewpoints. This area offers stunning views over the escarpment dropping vertically. You will most certainly encounter troops of the endemic Gelada Baboons and see them up-close. You may also see common jackal, klipspringer and more. There are a lot of birds such as Thick-billed Raven, Augar Buzard, Black Kites, Lammergeyer and different plant species such as Abyssinian Rose, Erica Arboria tree, Euphorbia Species, St. Johns Worttree(Hypercumrevoltum) and so on. Our car will pick you up at Chilkuwanit and drive to Gondar.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Bahar Dar Airport, Bahir Dar Ethiopia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.