Day Tour to Wadi El Natroun Monastery from Alexandria
Drive to Wadi El-Natrun, the birthplace for Christian monasticism. Visit the 4 surviving monasteries of the 50 that once existed here. Begin your trip with the oldest and most isolated monastery, Deir al-Baramus, and learn of the Desert Fathers of Christian monasticism.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick up services from hotel & return.
- Bottled water during your trip.
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Private All Languages speaking guide.
- Lunch meal at local restaurant.
- All taxes & service charge.
What's excluded :
- Any extras not mentioned in the program
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Alexandria, Alexandria, Alexandria Governorate
Drive by a modern air-conditioned vehicle to Wadi El-Natrun, the actual birthplace for Christian monasticism. Basically, there were about 50 monasteries; only 4 have survived into modern times. Begin your trip with Deir al-Baramus which is the oldest of the surviving 4 monasteries and in many ways the most isolated, then proceeds to Deir Anba Bishoiwhose body is still in the monastery. End your trip visiting Deir El-Suryani which is the smallest and most compact of the 4 monasteries.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Duration: About 8 HoursType: Private TourRun: EverydayPick-up Time: 08:00 am
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.