Day Tour to Punta Tombo with Visit to Gaiman and Trelew
You will be able to observe in the different stages of a ritual that the penguins carry out with great care and dedication to reproduce; courtship, pair formation, nest building, hatching of eggs, hatchling, among others.
Observe guanacos and other seabirds with a typical Patagonian landscape in the background, as well as visiting the Paleontological Museum of Trelew.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance to punta tombo reserve $ 8
- Entrance to the Trelew Paleontological Museum
- Tea service at tea house Wales
- Entry/Admission - Punta Tombo
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Punta Tombo, Ruta Provincial 1 approx 100 km from the cities of Rawson & Trelew, Dos Pozos Argentina
The excursion starts early from Puerto Madryn accompanied by a guide, heading south along 180km, much of it asphalt, to reach Punta Tombo, the largest continental reserve of Magellanic penguins in the world.
Upon entering the reserve the first thing you will see will be the interpretation center, which through its rooms gives an introduction to the friendly Magellanic penguins, as well as other species of penguins in the world.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Town of Gaiman, Ruta 25 Gaiman 85 Km from Puerto Madryn, Puerto Madryn Argentina
After the reserve, the Lower Valley of the Chubut River is visited, visiting the town of Gaiman, a town originated by settlements of Welsh immigrants. There we can taste a traditional Welsh tea accompanied by sweet delicacies (optional), and enjoy a small city tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Trelew, Trelew, Province of Chubut, Patagonia
On our way back, we will visit the Paleontological Museum of Trelew, entering the museum is optional, considered one of the most important in South America due to the collection of dinosaur fossil pieces and remains that it houses inside.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.