Day Tour To Mt. Kenya
This is the only day trip to Mount Kenya Available from Nairobi. Our guides Charles and Peter are one of the most talented Mountaneers in Kenya
Many people want to see this mountain because the Queen of england was declared queen while holiday at the foot of this mountain in aberdares National park.
The ascent and descent by the Sirimon route takes one through some beautiful forest tracks and completes the traverse of the mountain.
In a half day time you will be able to reach the first base camp where you can see both peaks of the mountain from a close range.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guide Fee
- Park fee
- Drinking water
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional}
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Kenya National Park, Mount Kenya National Park
5.30 am: Pick up from your Nairobi hotel/ residence and drive to Nanyuki town
From Nanyuki Town (1980 meters) we drive toward the Mount Kenya to the Sirimon gate at 2650 meters.
10:30 am :On completion of park entry formalities at the Sirimon Gate, you begin a 3½ hour (9 km’s) hike through forest, bamboo, rosewood and heather zones to Old Moses camp at 3300 meters.
We gain 740 meters on the ascent and begin acclimatize.This area has Many buffaloes, elephants, bushbucks and bird species.
13:30pm: We hike about 1 km from Old Moses camp to 3600 meters to see 2 Mount Kenya peaks – Nelion and Batian next to each other. These peaks are climbed only by professional alpinists.
14:00pm: After taking pictures we descend down from 3600 meters to Old Moses camp at 3300 meters for our picnic lunch.
15:00 pm: After lunch we descend for 9 km’s (1.5 hours) to Sirimon gate where you get your driver guide and transfer back to Nairobi.
19:00pm: Arrive Nairobi, transfer you to your hotel/ residence.
Duration: 12 hours
Stop At: Equator Marker, Nyeri - Nanyuki Road, Nanyuki Town, Nanyuki Municipality 10400 Kenya
An equator is an imaginary line around the middle of a planet .It is halfway between the North Pole and the South Pole, at 0 degrees latitude. An equator divides the planet into a Northern Hemisphere and a Southern Hemisphere. The Earth is widest at its Equator
We will have a stop over here for you to take photos at the equator crossing sign.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup also from Apartments, villas and home stays.If your hotel is not within our pickup radius, kindly contact us and we are happy to assist.Airports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.