Day tour to Kiambethu tea farm in Limuru(Covid-19 Safe)
Kenyan tea is renowned around the world and the Kiambethu Tea Farm is among the country’s oldest, dating back to 1910. This private full-day tour from Nairobi includes a tour of the tea plantation, a delicious 3-course lunch, and an expert-led tea tasting. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pickup and drop off to your hotel.
- All transport
- All fees.
- Drinks at the farm
- Our assistance at any point
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Kiambethu Farm
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kiambethu Farm, Girls School Rd Tigoni, Limuru 00217 Kenya
Begin your tour with pickup from your central Nairobi hotel in time for a 9.45am departure. Traveling in the comfort of a private vehicle, set out on the around 45-minute drive to Limuru, situated at 7,200 feet (2,195 meters) above sea level.
On arrival at the Kiambethu Tea Farm, follow your guide on a walking tour of the plantation. Hear the history of the farm, which was set up by AB McDonell in 1910 and is still run by the same family, then learn more about the growing, picking, and processing of the tea leaves. As you explore the farm, keep a look out for exotic birds and Colobus monkeys.
Back at the farmhouse, take a seat on the verandah, looking out over the tea fields and the distant Ngong Hills, and sample the freshly brewed tea for yourself. Finally, tuck into a delicious 3-course buffet lunch, all made with produce fresh from the farm.
On return to Nairobi, your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel around 4pm.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
ApartmentsVillasHostelsAny hotel/residence within NairobiNote: airport transfer to your hotel will be charged USD 20 (paid upon arrival
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.