Day Tour to Kalpitiya
Kalpitiya is most famed as being the best place in Sri Lanka for kite-surfing, attracting enthusiasts from all levels to test the winds on an exciting lagoon expedition. Besides being a haven for kite-surfers, Kalpitiya is also known to be a popular place for snorkeling, diving and dolphin watching excursions too. It is made up of 14 islands; home to local fishing communities as the waters around Kalpitiya are thriving with marine life. Explore the sights and sounds of this quiet town during your holiday to Sri Lanka. Kalpitiya may be a simple village town, however, the attractions in Kalpitiya make it one of the more unique places in the western coast of the island. Possessing some immaculate lagoons, and nature reserves that are prime locations for adrenaline-filled activity, Kalpitiya will never cease to amaze the adventurous travelers!
per adult from
11 to 12 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Hotel pick up and drop off
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dutch Fort Of Kalpitiya, Palavi-Kalpitiya Rd., Kalpitiya 61360 Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka has its own rich history and culture to display throughout the island, but it is also home to the remnants of various invasions from its past. The Kalpitiya Dutch Fort is one of many examples of these. The fort is a square-shaped structure with walls that reach up to 4 meters high, and it was constructed using coral and limestone from the surrounding area. It features bastions at each of its four corners. In 1795, the fort was taken over by the British, who occupied it until the mid-19th century in 1859. During Sri Lanka’s decades-long civil war, the fort was used as a base by the Sri Lankan Navy for its training and operational activity.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Dutch Church, Kalpitiya, KalpitiyaFort, Kalpitiya 61360 Sri Lanka
The history of the Dutch Church at Kalpitiya is an interesting one. The town was once known to the ancient Tamil people of Sri Lanka as Kav Putti. Located in the North Western province of Sri Lanka, Kalpitiya was a popular trading hub for the Arab merchants that passed through it centuries ago. Eventually, during the colonial era, the town was occupied by the Portuguese in the early 16th century and renamed to Kardiv Island, and subsequently bestowed to the Society of Jesus by the King of Portugal.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Kudawa Beach, Kalpitiya Sri Lanka
Kudawa Beach is one of the best beaches in the area, with calm waters all year round that makes it a perfect location for a quick dip. The beach serves as a hub for numerous water sports from kite surfing to boat rides along the lagoon or the sea. Set sail to the depths of the Indian Ocean on a whale and dolphin-watching excursion; a popular past-time in Kalpitiya. The surroundings are home to a diverse ecosystem from bar reefs and mangrove swamps to salt marshes and thriving waters.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all places and hotels in Negombo and Colombo Airports
- Bandaranayake Intl Airport, Colombo Sri Lanka
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.