Day Tour - Surabaya Colonial Heritage Tour
Due to covid-19,now destination open with new strict health protocol regulation. We will help visitors to enjoy holiday and apply correct health protocol. Please check with us for detail needed to visit the destinations.
This trip is perfect for family or couple or solo traveler who wants to have some getaway from standard tour package. By resting a day in Surabaya city, you will be able to know the city better from its colonial historical sites. A story within about independences, the prime time of southeast-asia trade, and about Surabaya as capital city of East Java region.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation including gasolines and driver (english speaking)
- Pick up and drop in hotel
- Mineral water
- FREE FACESHIELD
- Entry/Admission - Sampoerna Museum
- Entry/Admission - Tugu Pahlawan
- Entry/Admission - Monkasel (Submarine Monument)
What's excluded :
- Lunch and dinner
- All extrance fee
- Additional tour guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sampoerna Museum, Taman Sampoerna 6, Surabaya 60163 Indonesia
Morning pick up guests in hotel by 8AM and drive about 30-60minutes to reach House Of Sampoerna museum. Previously used as an orphanage managed by the Dutch, it was purchased in 1932 by Liem Seeng Tee, the founder of Sampoerna, with the intent of it being used as Sampoerna's first major cigarette production facility.
Today, the compound is still functioning as a production plant for Indonesia's most prestigious cigarette, Dji Sam Soe.
In some period, you can join 3,900 women in this plant, hand-rolling cigarettes using traditional equipment. They do it at a speed of more that 325 stick per hour.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Standplaat Jembatan Merah, Surabaya Indonesia
On second spot, we will drive to Jembatan Merah (Red bridge) area. The bridge spans over the Kalimas river. For the people of Surabaya, the bridge is legendary because it keeps a story of the people’s past struggle. The bridge is hundreds of years old. It was originally constructed from wood, coming from an agreement between Pakubowono II and VOC. The agreement was signed on November 11, 1743.
It was the place where A.W.S Mallaby (British Indian army officer) and all his troops were killed by the local people. A stone away from Red Bridge, located not far from there, one of which is the Internatio Building. The art deco-styled building which witness the death of Mallaby. Further south, you will find the Kembang Jepun Street - the main chinatown area of Surabaya.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tugu Pahlawan, Jln. Pahlawan, Surabaya 60174 Indonesia
On next stop, we will take you to Tugu Pahlawan (Hero Monument) with battle of Surabaya museum underneath. This place is built to commemorate the victims of all battle - either locals, soldiers, and foreign victims.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Monkasel (Submarine Monument), Jl. Raya Gubeng, Surabaya Indonesia
Next last stop will take about 30minutes drive from Monument Tugu to reach Monkasel (submarine museum).
This museum built to conserve Indonesia nation background as maritime country.
This Museum was Indonesian Navy’s submarine which was named KRI Pasopati, type SS Whiskey Class, that was made in Vladi Wostok Russia in 1952.
Walking through the rooms in the submarine will give clear picture the life of navies. There is torpedo room, and then crew rooms where there are beds to rest, pantry rooms, toilet, commander room, battery room, electricity room.
This museum visit will be a final stop during our Surabaya Colonial Heritage tour or guests may have optional visit to Ampel area.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ampel Mosque, Jl. Ampel Masjid no. 53, Surabaya Indonesia
The last stop as well as an additional optional stop, will take you to see different sight of Surabaya with arabian influences. As one of the eldest mosque and most crowded in Surabaya, Ampel Mosque have special story with ‘Sunan Ampel’, one of ‘Wali Songo’ who have an effect in broad Islam in Java.
This area also very popular among all foodies hunter to taste a blending sensation for indonesia-arabian cuisine. A stop in local restaurant is worth visit.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Surabaya, Surabaya City, East Java, Indonesia
Traveler pickup is offered
We provide pick up in another hotel in Surabaya city center.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We will provide FREE FACESHIELD for each guests.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.