Day Tour: Slave Castles of Cape Coast from Accra
Aside the popular castles in Elmina and Cape Coast, get a rare peep and tour of the Fort Amsterdam in Abandze
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Cost of fuel
- Entry/Admission - Elmina Castle
- Entry/Admission - Fort Amsterdam
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Elmina Castle, Elmina Ghana
Visit the female slave dungeons, the male slave dungeons, the door of no return, forecourt, condemn cells for Africans and Europeans, the governors spacious residence, etc.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cape Coast, Cape Coast, Central Region
See the most inhumane and the meanest of all slave dungeons here with caked filth up to knee level made of of human waste and soil. The stench will give you an idea of the less than human treatment meted out to our ancestors in this castle. Visit other sections of the largest slave castle in the world.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Fort Amsterdam, Off the Accra-Cape Coast Road Abandze, Saltpond Ghana
See this fort through which the resistant slaves known as the Cormantine slaves went through. A lot of these slaves ended up in Jamaica and the Caribbean. You will also discover how Lois Armstrong traced his ancestry to this area on this tour.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your hotel or apartment
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.