Day Tour - Madaba, Mount Nebo and Baptism Site
Escape bustling Amman for a day and discover one of Jordan’s ancient jewels, getting the chance to see different historical and religious sites on this private day tour. Visit the ancient town of Madaba, known for its mosaic, particularly its 6th century mosaic map of the Holy Land in the Greek Orthodox Church of St. George.
Climb up to Mount Nebo, an important Judeo-Christian pilgrimage site, where Prophet Moses first viewed the Promised Land and is said to have died there. And indulge in a scenic view of the Holy Land and the Jordan River Valley from the summit.
Continue to the Baptism site of Jesus Christ, known as ‘Maghtas’ in Arabic, considered as one of the three holiest sites of Christianity, it is the place where John has baptised Jesus Christ.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fees (admission, fuel surcharge, gratuities, parking)
- Entry fees to sites mentioned
- English speaking driver
- Transportation (hotel pickup and Drop-off, air-conditioned vehicle, on-board WiFi, Fuel Surcharge)
- Entry/Admission - Mount Nebo
- Entry/Admission - The Baptism Site Of Jesus Christ
What's excluded :
- Meals, Gratuities, Local guide at site, Personal Expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Madaba, Madaba, Madaba Governorate
Departure is from Amman. After pick up from your hotel, hop into a climate-controlled vehicle with a private English-speaking driver and Wi-Fi services. Observe and gaze at Jordan’s desert landscapes as you travel south to Madaba. The driver will point out places of interest and particular information on route, however will not act as a guide. Upon arrival, discover this ancient mosaic town with a history spanning back to the 2nd century. The most well known is the mosaic map of Jordan and Holy Land of the 6th century in Greek Orthodox Church of St. George; marked with points related to historical stories mentioned in the bible.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mount Nebo, Madaba Jordan
Then climb up to Mount Nebo, a sacred Mountain in Jordan, standing at approximately 817 meters above sea level. Mount Nebo is steeped in religious significance as it presents an important Judeo-Christian pilgrimage site. It is where Moses first viewed the Promised Land from the summit and where Prophet Moses is said to have died. Moreover, Egyptian monks built a small monastery on the summit in memory of Moses In the fourth century, this church was then reconstructed into a basilica. This basilica, which still stands on Mount Nebo today, boasts a collection of well-preserved Byzantine mosaics. The mosaics illustrate images of wildlife and hunting. This site is not only a point of interest for history enthusiasts, however, offers a panoramic view of the Holy land and the Jordan River Valley from the summit.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: The Baptism Site Of Jesus Christ, Bethany Jordan
Head to The Baptism Site of Jesus Christ; located on the Jordan side of the Jordan River. It was known as Bethany beyond the Jordan in the Biblical time, and is considered as one of the three holiest sites of Christianity; it is the where Jesus Christ has been baptized by John. Therefore, marking a highly important historical and religious event. Get the chance to pray in this significant pilgrimage site where many prophets have passed.
The Baptism Site, known as ‘Maghtas’ in Arabic is one of the most important recent discoveries in biblical archaeology. Excavations only began there in 1996, however have already unveiled more than 20 churches, caves and baptismal pools dating from the Roman and Byzantine periods. Grasp a unique experience at this historical site, preserved exactly how it was over 2000 years ago, filled with much flora and fauna.
After indulging and experiencing these holy sights and reveling in the panoramic views, reconvene with your driver for the return journey, ending with a hotel drop-off in Amman.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel located in Amman.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.