Day Tour - Ihlara Valley from Cappadocia inc. Derinkuyu Underground City
Discover stunning Ihlara Valley in the south of Cappadocia on this unforgettable full-day tour. Traveling by air-conditioned coach, your tour passes through this incredible volcano-created valley, stopping at intriguing sites on the way. Head below ground to explore Derinkuyu Underground City and find secret tunnels in Selime Monastery. See where scenes from the Star Wars movies were filmed in Yaprakhisar and soak up panoramic views of Cappadocia’s magical landscape.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional tour guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Derinkuyu Yeralti Sehri
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Derinkuyu Yeralti Sehri, Derinkuyu Turkey
Leave your Cappadocia hotel and travel by air-conditioned coach to Derinkuyu Underground City -- the deepest of the region’s intriguing subterranean cities. Carved by Turkey’s prehistoric Troglodytes, this incredible underground world contains courtyards, stables, churches and wineries all intertwined in an extensive network of tunnels. Explore underground with your guide and see where ancient civilizations once worked, slept and worshipped.
Near Derinkuyu is Ihlara Valley – a 10-mile (16km) gorge that was formed thousands of years ago from a volcanic eruption. The valley is a popular route for hikers who come to be at one with nature and see its rock-carved churches scattered along its path. Rather than walking the full length of the gorge, enjoy its beauty from the comfort of your coach as you follow it along Melendiz River. Stop for lunch on the way and relax before your tour continues.
At the northern edge of the gorge is Selime Monastery, so stop here to explore. This fascinating complex was carved into the rock face by monks in the 13th century and comprises a church, kitchen and stables with feeding troughs. Wander around the secret passageways and peer out of its open ‘tunnel’ windows for panoramic views over the valley.
Before returning to your hotel, enjoy a final stop at the cave village of Yaprakhisar, nested into the Ihlara Valley canyon, to see the legendary Yaprakhisar panorama. Several scenes from the Star Wars movies were filmed here and the viewpoint boasts unforgettable views of the cave village, Selime Monastery and countless fairy chimneys.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from centrally located hotel in Cappadocia, the tour will start at 9:30
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.