Day Tour: Giza Pyramids, Old Cairo, and El Mokattam Mountain Cave Church
Visit the Giza pyramids and four of Cairo’s atmospheric religious sites with a private guide on a revealing day trip. During your private 8-hour tour, see Giza’s pyramids and Sphinx, and then head into Old Cairo to explore the Hanging Church, Ben Ezra Synagogue and Church of St George as you uncover their age-old history. Lastly, visit Cairo’s Moqqatam area to view the stunning Cave Church, a 20th-century Coptic Christian church built into rocky hills. Your tour includes a tasty Egyptian lunch and hotel pick-up and drop-off.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- private car
- Entrance fees
What's excluded :
- Leave your Cairo hotel by car and begin your 8-hour tour as your private guide tells tales of Cairo’s shared cultural heritage of Christians, Jews and Muslims. Stop first at Giza to see the UNESCO-listed pyramids, including the Great Pyramid of Cheops, the last remaining of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Awe at the Great Pyramid’s scale, and hear how it was built 4,600 years ago from 2.3 million stone blocks. Enjoy panoramas of the three pyramids from a viewpoint, and take a short camel ride. Then, get up-close to the Great Sphinx and wander through the Valley Temple, probably once used for mummification. After lunch at a local restaurant, head into Old Cairo, a historical enclave that grew up around the Roman fortress of Babylon. View the relics of the 1st-century fort, and peep inside the Hanging Church and round Greek Orthodox Church of St George, both built above the fortifications. Then, visit the Ben Ezra Synagogue before traveling to the Moqqatam quarter of Cairo. Hear how this hillside suburb is home to the Christian Zabbaleen community, and step inside their beautiful Cave Church, built into the rocky hillsides. Marvel at the interior before finishing your tour with a hotel drop-off.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Centrally located Cairo and Giza hotels
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.