Day Tour: Giraffe Center, Elephant Orphanage and Nairobi National Park
Get a taste of Kenyan wildlife on this day tour to Giraffe Center, Elephant Orphanage, Kazuri Bead and Nairobi National park. Animal lovers will love this full-day tour that takes visitors up close and personal with Africa’s majestic at the Giraffe Center and the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, an elephant orphanage, watch craftspeople creating traditional pottery beads at the Kazuri Beads Factory, then enjoy a 4-hour game drive through Nairobi National Park where you can see cheetahs, hyenas, lions, leopards, buffaloes, giraffes, zebras, wildebeest, many species of birds, and even the rare black rhino. All Park entrance fee and transport are all included in the package
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All park entrance fee
- Transport in a customized tour van with open roof in Kenya
- Pick up and drop off within Nairobi
- Small Group tour
- Entry/Admission - Giraffe Centre
- Entry/Admission - David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust
- Entry/Admission - Nairobi National Park
What's excluded :
- Lunch own expense(available for purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Giraffe Centre, Duma Rd, Nairobi Kenya
The tour starts by pick up at your Nairobi Hotel or home 8AM. You will then be driven to the Giraffe centre where you will learn more about the conversation efforts to conserve an endangered species. The center's main purpose is to protect and help with the breeding of the endangered Rothschild Giraffe. Under the supervision of a professional, you can feed the giraffes from a raised observation platform. These platforms allow the visitors to come eye-to-eye with the giraffes. The center also has a large auditorium where visitors can listen to talks about Giraffe conservation and a various activities the center is involved in.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, Mbagathi Road Kws Workshop Entrance - Nairobi National Park, Nairobi 00503 Kenya
The second stop is the Elephant Orphaned Trust; it is strictly open between 11 am and 12 noon. Here you will be able to see rescued baby and teenage elephants and learn their unique stories of how they got there, how they got their names and what plans are there to release them. Daphne Sheldrick, as part of the David Sheldrick Conservation Foundation, rehabilitates baby elephants and other wildlife here at her home just outside of Nairobi National Park. These babies have lost their mothers to poaching, death, injuries, on getting lost in the wild or other tragedies.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Learn to Make Jewelry&Pottery frm clay - Kazuri Beads Factory, Karen, Nairobi 00502 Kenya
You will then be driven to the Kazuri Beads factory. This is a pottery company that makes one of the world most beautiful beads. You will be shown all the stages from the start to the finish.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Nairobi National Park, Langata Road, Nairobi Kenya
After this, you will have about an hour for lunch (own expense), then you will go to the Nairobi National park through the main gate for a 3-hour game drive. Your guide will be aiming to show you as much variety of animals as possible. If you're lucky, you may spot the rhinos and lions getting ready for the evening. We use a safari van with a pop up roof for easier game viewing and not a small saloon car. At around 5pm, you will depart the park and be brought back to your hotel or residency within Nairobi CBD.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up available at your Nairobi Hotel, Airport, Airbnb, Private Apartments and villasAirports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
- Wilson Airport, Nairobi Kenya
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.