Day tour from Marrakech to Atlantic Ocean and Essaouira Mogador
The coastal town of Essaouira is an excellent destination for a day trip. This beautiful town, that is now a UNESCO World Heritage site, remains one of Morocco’s best-kept secrets and is a must-see destination. Complete with a bustling historical center and surrounded by ancient city walls.
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up from your hotel / or the nearest car accessible point to your Riad in Marrakech
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English or French speaking driver
- 1h Tour with Local guide French or English
- Entry/Admission - Sidi Moussa Doukkali
- Entry/Admission - Essaouira Fishing Port
- Entry/Admission - Galerie la Kasbah
What's excluded :
- Lunch and Soft Drinks
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sidi Moussa Doukkali, Avenue Sidi Moussa, Sale 11030 Morocco
Your day trip to Essaouira from Marrakech will begin with a drive along the Haouz plains to Chichaoua village where you will stop for a cup of coffee before you continue to Sidi Mokhtar. On your way, you will cross the Argan trees forest, where you will spot some goats climbing the trees. Stop and take some photos before you carry on to Essaouira.
To watch how the Argan oil (also called the liquid gold, or Moroccan oil) is extracted, you will visit a local ladies’ cooperative and learn how some fine cosmetic products are locally made out of the rich Argan oil.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Essaouira, Essaouira, Marrakech-Safi
From here, we will carry on to Essaouira. Upon arrival, you will explore the beautiful city at leisure. Out of experience, Exploring Essaouira is easy on your own: Locals are very friendly, the Medina is pretty small (compared to other old towns in Morocco), and its streets are in order. You definitely do not need a guide for the tour of the city. You can easily explore the Medina on your own as its streets are aligned opposite to each other unlike every other maze-like Medina in Morocco. Should you insist on one, your driver will help you hire a local guide.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Essaouira Fishing Port, Essaouira 44000 Morocco
First, you can visit the harbor with its fishing port and old Portuguese fortifications. You can still see medieval war cannons aligned in order overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Continue to the Medina ( old city ) with its well kept fortification dating to the 18th century. The major landmark of the Medina is La Scala, which was built against foreign attacks from the sea. You can continue to Bab Laalouj ( One of the main gates of Essaouira, then to the Mellah ( the old Jewish quarter.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Galerie la Kasbah, 4 Rue de Tetouan, Essaouira 44000 Morocco
First, you can visit the harbor with its fishing port and old Portuguese fortifications. You can still see medieval war cannons aligned in order overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Continue to the Medina ( old city ) with its well kept fortification dating to the 18th century. The major landmark of the Medina is La Scala, which was built against foreign attacks from the sea. You can continue to Bab Laalouj, then to the Mellah ( the old Jewish quarter.
Along the way, various art shops, galleries, souvenir shops and thuya wood craft shops are aligned in order. Choose one of the local cafes for a delicious seafood lunch and head to Kasbah famous for having served as a military bastion. If you are a beach lover, enjoy a walk along the sandy beach of Mogador, and maybe watch locals playing beach ball. If you are brave enough, why not join a game for a few minutesPeople from Essaouira are very friendly!! If not you can sunbathe while watching watersports kitesurfing..
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Marrakech, Marrakech, Marrakech-Safi
Late in the afternoon, drive back to Marrakech, and your full day tour to Essaouira will end with a drop off at your hotel or the nearest car accessible point to your riad.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off included
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We will do the Best to be in a good health!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.