Day Tour from Luanda to Shipwreck Beach and Boat Graveyard
About 35km north of Angola's capital, Luanda, lies a stretch of beach that is an eerie resting place for 20 + derelict and rusting ships.
Known by locals as Praia da Santiago, or Praia do Sarico, the 2.5km stretch of beach is better known as Shipwreck Beach or Karl Marx Beach, named after the biggest shipwreck on the beach.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Car with driver
- Guided visit in english
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Travel Insurance
- Off shore and along this stretch of beach are dozens of rusting hulks of tankers, cargo ships, and fishing vessels. There are at least 50 different abandoned boats here. It is impossible to walk here and not have questions running through your mind. How did they get here? What were they used for? Who was on these boats?
Many legends have been passed along concerning how the large ships mysteriously arrived there, in local folklore, while some truly interesting mercantile and cold war history lies behind their real stories as well. Enjoy the cool playground & ship graveyard!
Enjoy a day on the beach out of town, eerily novel scenery, a picnic with friends, or some otherworldly photo-memories!
*Please pack a lunch for the day or ask our guide to arrange something (not included) for your group!
Departure Point :Hotel in Luanda
Departure Time :Between 6am and 6:30am
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.