Day tour Fatima and Coimbra from Lisbon
A great tour with an emphasis on spirituality and knowledge.
Visit the famous Fatima sanctuary, one of the largest pilgrimage shrines in the world, built around the place where, in 1917, the Virgin Mary appeared to three young shepherds. After visiting the Basilica where the three seers are buried, the Chapel of Apparitions and the modern Holy Trinity Church, free time for praying or attend a celebration (optional).
Visit Valinhos, the small village where the three shepherds were born, and visit their homes.
Coimbra located in central Portugal, known as the university city, was the capital of the country until 1255. From the banks of the Mondego river to the University hill, the city of Coimbra is intellectual and peculiar, endowed with a particular mysticism. From the university’s balcony we’ll enjoy the views of picturesque landscapes. We will also visit the Johannine Library considered by the British newspaper “The Telegraph” the most spectacular library in the world.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- High comfort Mercedes Benz vehicles
- Certified professional driver-guide
- WiFi and bottled waters on board
- Accident and liability insurance
- All taxes included
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets
- Clients meals and lodging
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fatima, Fatima, Santarem District, Central Portugal
The famous Marian Sanctuary of Fatima is without a doubt one of the most important pilgrimage centers in the world. Millions of people come here annually to pay homage to the three shepherd children who witnessed the apparitions of the Virgin Mary in the fields of “Cova da Iria”. Free time to attend Mass (optional), visit the Chapel of the Apparitions where you can see the image of the Virgin Mary. We will also visit the Basilica where we can find the tombs of Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco (the last two were canonized by Pope Francis on May 2017, thus becoming the youngest saints of the Catholic Church). As we continue, we will visit the modern church of the Blessed Trinity of Fatima, seating 8,633 people and with an area of 40,000 square meters. The church was designed and projected by the Greek architect, Alexandros Tombazis. Time to shop for religious items (optional).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Valinhos Sanctuary, Via Sacra, Fatima 2495-301 Portugal
The village where the three shepherd children, Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco, were born and lived. Visit their family’s limestone houses. It use to be an isolated and poor area in the interior of Portugal but nonetheless very beautiful.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Coimbra, Coimbra, Coimbra District, Central Portugal
The city of Coimbra recognized internationally for its prominent university (one of the oldest in Europe), was the capital of Portugal until 1255. The city of Knowledge, as it is known, breathes culture everywhere, from the banks of the Mondego River to the hills where the university is located. Here we can visit the Johannine Library, considered by the British newspaper “The Telegraph”, the most amazing library in the world. Its construction was ordered by King Joao V. This baroque-style library of indescribable beauty and wealth, was the result of the cultural vision of the richest monarch in Europe at that time. His royal safes were overflowing with gold from “Minas Gerais” in Portugal’s colony of Brazil. Free time to walk around the center of town and visit the Santa Cruz Church where we can find the tombs of the first king of Portugal, King Afonso I and of his son King Sancho I. (entrance fees apply)
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your assigned driver-guide will meet you at the place designated by you (within the city of Lisbon)Airports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Port - Jardim do Tabaco Quay, Doca Jardim do Tabaco Terminal de Cruzeiros de Lisboa, Av. Infante Dom Henrique, 1100-651 Lisboa, Portugal
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Premiere Tours complies with the new SAFETY standards in accordance with the guidelines of the Ministry of Health of Portugal, providing protective masks and hand sanitizing products to our guides and our valued customers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.