Day tour Coimbra and Aveiro from Lisbon
Coimbra is located in central Portugal, and known as the university city, was the capital of the country until 1255. The city of Coimbra is intellectual and peculiar, endowed with a particular mysticism. From the university’s balcony we’ll enjoy the views of picturesque landscapes. We will also visit the Johannine Library considered by the British newspaper “The Telegraph” the most spectacular library in the world.
At lunch, we will stop at Mealhada where you can taste the famous suckling piglet (optional).
Just a few kilometers away from Coimbra, we reach Aveiro, known as the Venice of Portugal. Here we’ll be vising the historic center, with beautiful Art-Noveau style houses from the 19th and 20th centuries built by wealthy local entrepreneurs who made fortune with the the salt trade. You can also take a mini-cruise (optional) in one of the colorful Moliceiros boats that ride the canals. In Aveiro you will be able to taste the famous local sweet, Ovos Moles.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- High comfort Mercedes Benz vehicles
- Certified professional driver-guide
- WiFi and bottled waters on board
- Accident and liability insurance
- All taxes included
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets
- Clients meals and lodging
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Coimbra, Coimbra, Coimbra District, Central Portugal
The city of Coimbra recognized internationally for its prominent university (one of the oldest in Europe), was the capital of Portugal until 1255. The city of Knowledge, as it is known, breathes culture everywhere, from the banks of the Mondego River to the hills where the university is located. Here we can visit the Johannine Library , considered by the British newspaper “The Telegraph”, the most amazing library in the world. Its construction was ordered by King Joao V. This baroque-style library of indescribable beauty and wealth, was the result of the cultural vision of the richest monarch in Europe at that time. His royal safes were overflowing with gold from “Minas Gerais” in Portugal’s colony of Brazil. Free time to walk around the center of town and visit the Santa Cruz Church where we can find the tombs of the first king of Portugal, King Afonso I and of his son King Sancho I. (Entrance fees apply)
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Aveiro, Aveiro, Aveiro District, Northern Portugal
If you wish to have lunch, your guide can recommend restaurants in the area of Coimbra. (the famous dish is “leitão da Bairrada” – suckling piglet cooked on traditional wood-fired oven).
Aveiro is known as the Venice of Portugal. A tour in a “Moliceiro“, the traditional boat of this region, is a must. You will cruise through the innumerable water channels that run through the city and through the “Ria” (a saltwater river) where the salt industry exists since the Roman Era. Leisure time to walk around the historic center, dominated by “Art Noveau” style buildings, local stores and pastry shops where you can buy the famed “Fleur de Sel”, the king of salts. You can also taste the famous “Doce de Ovos Moles” of Aveiro, the traditional egg sweets of the region. (tickets for boat ride not included)
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your assigned driver-guide will meet you at the place designated by you (within the city of Lisbon)Airports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Port - Jardim do Tabaco Quay, Doca Jardim do Tabaco Terminal de Cruzeiros de Lisboa, Av. Infante Dom Henrique, 1100-651 Lisboa, Portugal
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Premiere Tours complies with the new SAFETY standards in accordance with the guidelines of the Ministry of Health of Portugal, providing protective masks and hand sanitizing products to our guides and our valued customers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.