Day tour Cité Carcassonne, Lastours castles belvedère,Canal du midi from Castres
3 unique and breathtaking sites in the Cathar country, the Canal du Midi is an ingenious system, the Cité de Carcassonne is impressive by its size and the Lastours castles are a deep breath into nature.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lastours castles belvédère entrance fees-Private driver and guide
- Entry/Admission - Castelnaudary Tourisme
- Entry/Admission - Chateaux de Lastours
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Castelnaudary Tourisme, Place de la Republique Republic Square, 11400 Castelnaudary France
In the morning, we stop on the way at Castelnaudary to see the Canal du Midi « Grand Bassin » and the St Roch lock, a listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Historic Fortified City of Carcassonne, A61 West Sur la Rive droite de l'Aude, 11000 Carcassonne Center, Carcassonne France
Visit the Cite de Carcassonne Unesco World Heritage listed walled city. A medieval fortress settlement with a history that exceeds two and a half thousand years with picturesque fortifications, over 3 km of walls with 52 towers. La Cité is a stunning and unique place to visit. Strolling through the medieval village with its tiny and twisted alleys, the contrast between the beautiful little buildings with the impressive edifaces of, for example, The Basilique St Nazaire, give you a hint of how life must have been. The medieval charm and detail of this ancient city transports you back in time and impresses you at every corner. Keep your eyes peeled as you meander through the alleys! This tour includes an hour and a half long visit with an accredited tour guide.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Chateaux de Lastours, 22 route des 4 Chateaux N 43.334219 - E 2.377995, 11600 Lastours France
In the afternoon we discover the Castles of Lastours with breathtaking views from the belvedere. Then we hike through the valley to discover these structures one by one…..The Chateau de Lastours (in Occitan, Lastors) are composed of four Cathar castles in the French commune of Lastours in the department of the Aude. They sit on a rocky spur above the village of Lastours, isolated by the deep valleys of the Orbiel and Gresilhou rivers.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any hotels, port, accomodation in Albi center or around.Ports
- Canal du Midi
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.