Day hike to Nagarjun Hill
Nagarjun hill is located in the north west of Kathmandu valley. It is a part of Shivapuri National park which can be reached just 15 mins drive from Thamel, Kathmandu. Nagarjun hill also known as locally as Jama cho – a famous Buddhist shrine Padamasambav is situated at the top of the hill. The elevation of Nagarjun is 2,128 m above the sea level.The view tower offer magnificent view of Ganesh himal, Gaurisankar, Manslu, Dorge lakpa and many Himalayas ranges. Also the view of the Kathmandu valley is extraordinary. The hiking will be around 5 hours a day. We start and end hour hiking from Phulbari Gate, nearby the Balaju bypass.
Besides this, there are many caves in the Nagarjun forest, among them two cave is so popular, one is inside the Raniban forest while another situated outside the gate on the Balaju-Trisuli Road. The cave inside the Raniban forest is said to be made by Nagarjuna to worship Swayambhunath and placed an image of Akshobhya Buddha.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick and drop by private car - hiking starting point / ending point
- A professional guide
- Packed lunch
What's excluded :
- Accomodation in Kathmandu
- National park entrance fees
- International flight and visa fees
- Travel Insurance
- Breakfast, Dinner
- Personal expenses
Meet the guide at your pickup place/hotel and drive private vehicle. The car will drop/pick the hiking starting point at Phulbari gate, Nagarjun. This is one of the short and sweet hike in Kathmandu which takes around 5 - 6 hours a day. At Nagarjun top you will observe the mountain views, landscape and outlook of Kathmandu valley. Here you will have lunch break (packed lunch), some relaxation and then hike back. The ending point is same place in Phulbari. Drive back to Kathmandu and drop to your hotel. The tour ends.
• Nagarjun Forest Reserve, Kasa Marge, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all the travelers from Kathmandu.
Departure Time :7:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.