Day Excursions to Galle Fort & Bentota from Colombo
Visit Galle, the capital city of the Southern Province of Sri Lanka. The town has a World Heritage Site to its name and that is predominantly responsible for its popularity with tourists. This is the 300-year-old Dutch Fort, but there are other historical buildings to view as well.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by an air conditioned vehicle
- English Speaking Driver Cum Guide
- Bottled water
- Complimentary WiFi Excess During the Travel (Subjected To Availability)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance Fees (Fish Massage)
- Entry/Admission - Madu Ganga Biodiversity Area
- Entry/Admission - Kosgoda Sea Turtle Conservation Project
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Madu Ganga Biodiversity Area, Balapitiya Sri Lanka
Madu River is a wetland, near the Small town "Balapitiya" along the Colombo Galle highway. This is the point where the Estuary of the Madu river. The river flows through a terrain where it creates a large number of islands, and the eco system creates a beautiful wetland. The hotels around provide boat rids through the canals created at a good cost. And there are loads of places to stay, dine and wine
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Galle Fort, Church Street, Galle 80000 Sri Lanka
The history of Galle extends thousands of years to biblical times. In more recent times it was a prize to be possessed for western traders in search of wealth and glory. Its beautifully preserved colonial Dutch fort with its quaint city with cobblestone streets within is a place time forgot. Close by are magnificent beaches, rainforests and other attractions. It is definitely a fascinating place to visit.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Old Town of Galle and its Fortifications, Galle 80000 Sri Lanka
Old Town of Galle, Sri Lanka. ... Galle was built as a fortified coastal city with large walls along the seashore. It was designed with a European way of thinking – that attacks from colonial competitors could come from the sea as well as the land.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Galle Fort Lighthouse, Rampart Street Galle Fort, Galle 80000 Sri Lanka
The Galle lighthouse is situated inside the landmark Galle Fort. It is built seven meters above the road on the ramparts. This is Sri Lanka’s oldest light station dating back to 1848, but the original lighthouse was destroyed by fire in 1934. It was rebuilt at the current height of 26m. The light station is within the walls of the ancient Galle Fort, a UNESCO world heritage site and well-known tourist attraction, making this the country’s most often visited lighthouse.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Dutch Reformed Church, Church Street, Galle 80000 Sri Lanka
Originally built in 1640, the present building dates from 1752. Its floor is paved with gravestones from Dutch cemeteries, while other impressive features include the organ and an imposing pulpit made from calamander wood and topped by a grand hexagonal canopy.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Kosgoda Sea Turtle Conservation Project, 13A Galle Road, Kosgoda 80570 Sri Lanka
Welcome to Sea Turtle Hatchery - Mahamodara. We rescue turtles who are in danger of loosing their lives to the fishing industry whether they are caught in nets or hunted for meat. We currently have 40 turtles, including 4 types of turtle. All are welcome to come and visit to see and learn about Tara turtles here in Sri Lanka.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Colombo, Colombo, Western Province
Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka, has a long history as a port on old east-west exchange courses, administered progressively by the Portuguese, Dutch and British. That legacy is reflected in its engineering, blending pilgrim structures in with elevated structures and shopping centers. The monumental Colombo National Museum, committed to Sri Lankan history, outskirts rambling Viharamahadevi Park and its mammoth Buddha.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather,You will be given the option of an alternative date
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Madu River Boat Ride Solo Traveler USD 25, If 02-03 Pax Traveling to-gather USD 20 Per Person
- Most travelers can participate
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.