Day Excursion to Taj Mahal and Agra Fort from Jaipur
The historical city of Agra is famous as being home to one of the Seven Wonders of the World - the Taj Mahal. The architectural splendour of the mausoleums, the fort and the palaces is a vivid remainder of the capital in the 16th and early 17th centuries. While its significance as a political centre ended with the transfer of the capital to Delhi in 1634, its architectural wealth has secured its place on the international map. A pleasant town with comparatively slow pace, Agra is known for its superb inlay work on marble by craftsmen supposedly the descendants of those who worked under the Mughals on the Taj. The city is also famous for its carpets, gold thread embroidery and leather shoes. Agra was once the capital of the Mughal Empire and even today it seems to linger in the past.
per adult from
12 to 15 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Fixed Menu Lunch at a local restaurant
- Hotel (city centre) pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Items not mentioned in inclusions
- On arrival visit Taj Mahal & Agra Fort. The World Famous “TAJ MAHAL”, one of the most photographed tourist attractions in the world. The Taj Mahal was built by Emperor Shahajahan in the memory of his beloved wife Mumtaj Mahal and it is entirely made of white marble and its walls are decorated with exquisite pietra dura (stone inlay) work. Near the gardens of the Taj Mahal stands the important 16th century Mughal monument known as the Red Fort. This powerful fortress of red sandstone encompasses the imperial city of the Mughal rulers. It comprises many fairy-tale palaces, such as the Jahangir Palace and the Khas Mahal, built by Shah Jahan; audience halls, such as the Diwan-i-Khas; and two very beautiful mosques. Drive back to Jaipur.
Departure Point :Departs from your hotel in Jaipur
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.