Day Excursion To Stepwells From Ahmedabad
Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Rani ki Vav (Queen’s stepwell), a beautiful stepwell dating back to the 11th century A.D. Discover the figures, columns and decorated panels that recount stories from the past as you visit the grounds with your expert guide. Next visit an equally beautiful stepwell in the village of Adalaj.
In the arid land of Gujarat, stepwells were an important source of water for drinking, washing and bathing. They were also the venues for colorful festivals and religious rituals.
• 500 major sculptures of Rani ki Vav
• Inverted temple design of the stepwell
• Carved columns of the stepwell at Adalaj
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance fee
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Rani Ki vav
- Entry/Admission - Adalaj Step-well
What's excluded :
- Food or drink, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rani Ki vav, Near the Patan Highway, 384265 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in Ahmedabad in the morning from where you will drive to the town of Patan, home to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Rani ki Vav (Queen’s Stepwell). The drive to Patan takes about two and a half hours.
Stepwells, as the name suggests, are wells with steps leading down to the water. Stepwells have been developed since the third century A.D. and were an important source of underground water on the Indian subcontinent.
Designed as an inverted temple, Rani ki Vav has seven levels of steps. The walls are decorated with beautiful sculptures that depict religious, mythological and secular themes. There are over 500 major sculptures and around 1 000 minor ones.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Adalaj Step-well, Adalaj District-Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad India
On the drive back to Ahmedabad, stop at the small village of Adalaj that is famous for its 15th century stepwell. The well is octagonal in shape and has an Indo-Islamic architectural design. The sculptured designs on the wall show intricate Islamic floral patterns blending with Hindu and Jain symbolism. The intricately cut stepwell has five levels and is made of sandstone with columns supporting the entire structure. The temperature inside the well is said to be five degrees lower than outside during hot summers.
Once your tour will be finished you will be driven back to fixed point / your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
From your hotel in AhmedabadAirports
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, Hansol, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380003, India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking.
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.