Day Excursion To Ranakpur Jain Temple From Udaipur
On this day-excursion from Udaipur, visit the famous 15th century Jain Temple of Ranakpur. Built in white marble, the intricate design of the temple is an architectural marvel that took over 65 years to complete. The temple featured in the list of the top 77 Wonders of the World while deciding for the new Seven Wonders of the World. It is one of the major pilgrimage destinations for Jains.
• 1,444 marble pillars that change color
• Carving with 108 heads of snakes
• 2 gigantic bells
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
What's excluded :
- Additional food or drink, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ranakpur, Ranakpur, Pali District, Rajasthan
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning for the 2-hour drive to Ranakpur, situated at a distance of around 60 miles from Udaipur.
Upon your arrival, take in the frontal view of the temple that rises majestically above a flight of steps. The temple is four-faced and opens up to the four cardinal directions of the cosmos. It has 29 halls and 80 domes. The temple is dedicated to Adinath, the first Jain Tirthankara.
The interior walls are covered with intricately designed carvings. Do not miss the beautiful carving of 108 heads of a snake made from a single marble rock. In the prayer hall you will find two large bells, each weighing 238 pounds.
After a tour of the temple, enjoy lunch at a local restaurant (own expense). After lunch you will be driven back to Udaipur and dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Udaipur, Udaipur, Udaipur District, Rajasthan
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Maharana Pratap Airport Udaipur, NH 76, Dabok, Rajasthan 313022, India
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen and hats are recommended.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.