Day Excursion To Hampi From Hospet With Lunch
Hampi was a prosperous town of the Vijayanagar Kingdom that flourished in South India from the 14th to the 17th century A.D. It is said that diamonds and precious stones were once sold on the streets of Hampi. Situated on the banks of the River Tungabhadra, it is a UNESCO World Heritage site today and is famous for its ancient temples, palaces, and the ruins of an entire city waiting to be explored. The undulating rocky terrain of Hampi is dotted with the remains of the ancient city interspersed with thousands of giant boulders that seem to defy gravity. Spend a day exploring this open air museum.
• Musical columns of Virupaksha temple
• Stone chariot of Vittala temple
• Underground temple of Lord Shiva
• Mustard Ganesh and Peanut Ganesh temples
• The King’s balance
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Lotus Mahal
What's excluded :
- Food or drink, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Virupaksha Temple, Rambo, Hampi India
You will be picked up from your hotel in Hospet and driven to the ancient town of Hampi, which is just 10 miles from Hospet.
Once there, start your visit with the magnificent 15th Century Virupaksha temple. The temple is carved in stone and its walls and pillars are decorated with sculptures that depict scenes from Shiva’s life and episodes from the Hindu epics of Ramayana and Mahabharata. The outer pillars of the temple are said to produce music when tapped.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vijaya Vittala Temple, Near Kalyan Mantapa, Hampi 583239 India
Another temple famous for its magnificent architecture is the Vittala Temple. A giant chariot carved out of stone stands on the grounds of the temple complex.The temple has several pillared halls. The intricate carvings on the walls of the temple depict stories from Hindu mythology, the military conquests of King Krishnadevaraya and the daily life of the citizens of this glorious Empire.
Visit the 14th century underground temple dedicated to the Hindu God Shiva. The temple remains submerged in water for most part of the year. The reason why the temple was constructed several feet below the ground level is still not known.
Spend the morning exploring other important temples like the Kodanda Rama temple, Achyutaraya temple, Yantrodharaka, Chakra Tirtha, Pattabhirama temple, Ganagitthi Jain Temple, Hazara Rama Temple, Ugra Narasimha, Badavi Linga, Krishna Temple and the intriguingly named Mustard Ganesh and Peanut Ganesh temples.
Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant (beverage excluded).
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Lotus Mahal, Nera Hazara Ram Temple, Hampi India
After lunch explore the area around the Old Bazaar and the Royal Center. Visit the old scaffold and the King’s balance on which the Kings of the Vijayanagar Empire were weighed in gold, silver and precious stones that were then distributed to the poor. The elephant stables are another interesting sight amidst the ruins. Visit the Lotus Mahal, the Watchtower, the Queen’s Bath, Mahanavami Dibba (a giant 3-storeyed royal platform), Aqueduct, the Secret Chamber, the King’s Audience Hall and the open shower.
At the end of the tour, you will be driven back to Hospet and dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Bengaluru, Bengaluru, Bangalore District, Karnataka
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.