Day Excursion From Gangtok To Tsomgo Lake
Gangtok is a beautiful hill town and the capital of the North Eastern state of Sikkim. This is one place which many visitors like to combine along with a visit to Darjeeling. On this day trip from Gangtok, explore the beautiful Lake Tsomgo, which is situated at a driving distance from Gangtok.
• Drive to Lake Tsomgo
• The colors of the waters of Lake Tsomgo
• Beauty of the snow covered landscape around the lake
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Tsomgo Lake
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tsomgo Lake, Jawaharlal Nehru Road Tathangchen Area, Gangtok 737101 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning for the drive to Lake Tsomgo that is situated at a distance of 25 miles from the town of Gangtok.
The drive from Gangtok to Lake Tsomgo is full of thrills as the altitude quickly rises from 5 410 feet to 10 000 feet in just 25 miles. You can imagine how steep the gradient would be on this stretch of the road.
Lake Tsomgo is a glacial lake that remains frozen during the winter months that sometimes stretch up to the month of May. The snow cover melts during the summer and is the source of water for this lake. The clear waters of the lake reflect the colors of the surrounding landscape and add to the scenic beauty of this location.
Spend some time at the edge of the lake before your drive back to Gangtok. Upon reaching Gangtok, you will be dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
From your hotel in GangtokAirports
- Bagdogra Airport, Airport Road, Bagdogra, Siliguri, West Bengal 734421, India
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 Hours of booking subject to visa.
- Minimum 02 people are required for obtaining travel permit to the lake.
- A Sikkim Inner Line permit is required to enter the state of Sikkim. Guests are advised to obtain this permit at the time of applying for an Indian visa. Alternatively, this permit can also be obtained in India at the following points but this could be time-consuming: at the District Magistrate’s office in Darjeeling; at Rangpo checkpost when going to Gangtok; or at Melli checkpost when going to Pelling.
- Diplomatic and official passport holders and citizens of Bangladesh, People’s Republic of China, Pakistan, Myanmar, Taiwan and Nigeria can obtain this permit only from the Ministry of External Affairs in New Delhi or from the Indian embassies abroad.
- After obtaining the Sikkim Inner Line permit, a Restricted Area permit is required to visit Lake Tsomgo. The form given below needs to be filled by the guest and scanned and sent along with scanned copies of passport, valid Indian visa, passport size photograph and scanned copy of Sikkim Inner line Permit. These documents should reach us at least 10 working days prior to the date of travel.
- The guests should carry all original documents with them on the date of travel.
- Type of vehicle for the drive to Lake Tsomgo is subject to availability.
- The tour is subject to favorable weather conditions.
- Form for application for Restricted Area Permit will be e-mail you after confirmed your booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.