Day Cruise to Gramvousa & Balos
Find yourself on a bus tour towards the west edge of Crete, where your sailing trip begins to the “Pirates Island”, Gramvousa. Swim in the lagoon of Balos and enjoy a relaxing nevertheless unique experience of a natural beauty point of interest.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup-drop-off Heraklion Karteros Kokini Hani Gouves Analipsi Anisaras Hersonisos Stalis Malia Sisi
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or minivan
- Boat ticket
- Entry/Admission - Kastelli Kissamos Old Port
What's excluded :
- Municipality fee 1 euro
- Food & Drink
- Entry/Admission - Gramvousa Fortress
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kastelli Kissamos Old Port, Kissamos, Crete 734 00 Greece
Kissamos is a town on the west of Chania with a port and a fishing harbor. From Kissamos port we will be sailing towards Gramvousa and Balos. While on the boat trip, observe the geological phenomenon of the land elevation of Crete, where the island rises out of the sea in the west side of the island and at the same time sinking in the east.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Gramvousa Fortress, Gramvousa, Crete 73400 Greece
Gramvousa is an island located 20 km northwest of Kissamos and opposite the Cape of Gramvousa. On the island, at a height of 137m over the sea level, still stands a Venetian fortress built between 1579 and 1584, during the Venetian occupation of the island of Crete. The fortress was also used by pirates and a legend claims that there is a great treasure buried on the island. An old shipwreck near the beach has marked its initials as part of the landscape. The water is turquoise color and the seabed is ideal for snorkeling.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Balos Lagoon, Kissamos, Crete 734 00 Greece
Between Gramvousa and the coast of Crete, the lagoon of Balos is formed. It has white sand and vivid blue and turquoise water. The sea is very shallow and warm. Due to millions of crushed shells, in many places, the sand has a lovely pinkish color. The lagoon and the wider area around it are both protected under Natura 2000 program, as rare species of flora and fauna are found there. Eleonora falcons, shags and cormorants nest in the caves of the area. Moreover, the area is a shelter for the protected monk seal and the sea turtle Caretta Caretta.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Karteros Kokkini Hani Gournes Gouves Analipsi Anisaras Hersonisos Stalida Malia Sissi
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Face masks required for travelers in the bus You must fill out a travel information form
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.