David Sheldrick Orphanage and Giraffe Center Full-Day Tour from Nairobi
Spend an afternoon with some of Africa's most iconic animals on this day tour from Nairobi that gives access to giant elephants and towering giraffes. Tour the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphaned Trust and learn about conservation efforts being made to protect these massive mammals. Then stop at the Giraffe Center, where you'll find Rothschild giraffes wandering the grounds. This memorable experience includes a tour of the Kazuri beads women factory and the Karen Blixen Museum.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust
- Entry/Admission - Giraffe Centre
What's excluded :
- Bomas of Kenya entrance fee. 12 USD per person and give it to the driver
- Food and drinks
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Entry/Admission - Karen Blixen Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, Mbagathi Road Kws Workshop Entrance - Nairobi National Park, Nairobi 00503 Kenya
Start your tour with pick up at any hotel/ home within Nairobi.
The first stop is the Elephant Orphanage Trust; it is strictly open between 11 am and 12 noon. Here you will be able to see rescued baby and teenage elephants and learn their unique stories of how they got there, how they got their names and what plans are there to release them.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Giraffe Centre, Duma Rd, Nairobi Kenya
You will then be driven to the Giraffe centre where you will learn more about the conversation efforts to conserve an endangered species
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Learn to Make Jewelry&Pottery frm clay - Kazuri Beads Factory, Karen, Nairobi 00502 Kenya
You will then be driven to the Kazuri Beads factory. This is a pottery company that makes one of the world most beautiful beads. You will be shown all the stages from the start to the finish. It’s also a unique factory as it employs single mother parents from the neighborhood who earn a living to support their families.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Karen Blixen Museum, Karen Rd Langata, Nairobi Kenya
You then have the option of being driven to lunch and then to your hotel. Upon request and at no extra transport cost, we are happy to drive you to The Karen Blixen Museum. We dont charge for the extra transport to the museum but you will pay your entrance fee for the museum at 12 USD per person. A famous white settler story, depicted in the famous movie Out of Africa. You’ll learn the story of this amazing woman and how she changed the lives of the local people.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
ApartmentsVillasHostelsAny hotel/residence within NairobiNote: airport transfer to your hotel will be charged USD 20 (paid upon arrival
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.