Danube and Wachau Valley Tour
Experience the natural beauty of the Danube and Wachau valleys with this romantic day trip that takes in charming villages, steep vineyards, ruined castles, magnificent monasteries and during the summer months, a spectacular cruise along the great river itself. This is a tour that has it all: scenery, nature, culture, history and architecture
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Vienna, Vienna
Few rivers have inspired artists as much as the Danube, which was immortalised by Strauss’ waltz. As the river winds its way through central and south-eastern Europe, it creates valleys of breathtaking beauty; a landscape of steep banks laden with vineyards overlooked by hillside hamlets and castles.
See the tiny village of Durnstein and the admire the remnants of its once great castle, where Richard the Lionheart was held ransom on his way back to England to fight with Robin Hood (or so some legends say). The views over the Danube and the valley are spellbinding. During the summer season, hop aboard for a 90-minute cruise on the blue Danube and enjoy a new perspective of this picturesque valley.
Departure Point :Operngasse 8, 1010 Wien, Austria
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.