Damas Island Mangrove Tour from Quepos
This adventure of Costa Rican natural history – its exotic flora and fauna -- is highly recommended for any naturalist, who wants to experience firsthand the pulse of the mangrove ecosystem.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tour guide
- Lunch or Dinner (Depending on Tour Time)
- Entry/Admission - Isla Damas
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Isla Damas, Puntarenas Costa Rica
Experience curious families of monkeys as they migrate across the mangrove ecosystem – which includes your boat – in search of food and adventure. And discover the secret ways different exotic trees of Costa Rica replenish the environment worldwide, yet sustain themselves for decades of growth. Don’t forget to point out the caimans, sloths, crocodiles, boas, white face monkeys, egrets, and so many more species of wildlife, as your boat leisurely winds its way through the mangrove channels along the gentle currents of the coastal tides. And finally, end your adventure with a relaxing yet rewarding meal in typical Costa Rican flavor at a local “hot spot” restaurant before you return to your hotel.
The trip starts with a gentle boat tour that highlights the beauty of the Damas Island Estuary and surrounding Mangroves. After this sedentary introduction to the Costa Rican landscape, you will be wowed by views of a tropical rainforest and the delicate mangrove ecosystem.
Stop At: Gray Line Costa Rica, La Uruca, San Jose 10110 Costa Rica
Departure Point :Quepos, Quepos, Province of Puntarenas
Traveler pickup is offered
On the arrival at the hotel the tour guide is going to ask in the reception of the hotel for the client
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you bring light clothing, comfortable shoes, hat, suntan lotion and camera
- Minimum of 2 passengers is required for the tour to run; if the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled. Tour departure varies according to the tide.The tour operator will contact the guests directly in order to advise them of the departure time.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.