Dalyan Day Trip from Bodrum to Dalyan River Cruise, Iztuzu Beach aith Mud Baths
Cruise the beautiful Dalyan River and experience Dalyan’s mud baths and Kaunos’ ancient tombs on this unforgettable full-day trip from Bodrum. Head for riverside Dalyan by air-conditioned coach and spend much of the day sailing the peaceful Dalyan River. Watch for the rare loggerhead turtles that frequent the area; relax at the protected turtles’ breeding ground, sandy İztuzu Beach; and take a fun-filled dip in Dalyan’s gooey mud baths and sulphur pools. Views of Kaunos' famous Kings’ Tombs — carved into a cliff — and a hearty riverside lunch provide the finishing touches.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
What's excluded :
- Drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dalyan Nehri, Marmaris Turkey
Leave your centrally located Bodrum hotel in the early morning and travel by air-conditioned coach toward the riverside town of Dalyan. After roughly an hour, stop for breakfast (own expense) before setting off again.
After around two more hours, arrive at the Dalyan River, a waterway that weaves through an idyllic conservation area. Board a sightseeing boat and glide along the peaceful channels, passing reed beds that are rich with birds and other wildlife.
As you sail, take photos of the famous Kings’ Tombs of Kaunos. These tombs, carved directly into a cliff face, are believed to have been completed in around the 4th century BC and are musts for your photo album.
Cruise into the Dalyan River delta and look for rare loggerhead turtles as you approach İztuzu Beach (also called Turtle Beach). These endangered turtles visit this protected, 3-mile (4.8km) sandbar every year to lay their eggs in burrows.
At the beach, you can stroll, sunbathe or swim (weather permitting), and then continue your cruise to a riverside restaurant. Here, enjoy a delicious buffet lunch of salads, main dishes, desserts and fruits, with drinks available at your own expense.
Next, cruise to Dalyan’s hot springs and mud baths on the riverbanks. Pull on your swimwear and cake yourself in the sticky mud from from head to toe. Dry off in the sun, shower down and then wade into the warm, sulphur pools. You’ll leave feeling wonderfully tingly and refreshed.
Afterward, relax on your coach ride back to Bodrum. After a stop at a Turkish carpet center and a break for refreshments (own expense), your tour ends with a hotel drop-off.
Please note: the order of activities as described above may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Marmaris, Muğla, Turkey
Traveler pickup is offered
BODRUM, BODRUM ICMELER, GUMBET, BITEZ, TURGUTREIS, YALIKAVAK, GUMUSLUK, GUNDOGAN, TURKBUKU, TORBA
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please bring a hat and sunscreen, and a towel and swimwear for the mud baths
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Photo’s and CD’s are being sold by independent photographers. Please take their contact number as we are not in contact with them. Please also check the CD’s if they are the right one while you recieve.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Tour capacity has been greatly reduced to allow for proper social distancing. Seating capacity has been reduced by 50%.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.