Daily Hattusas / Boğazköy Tour
Tour departs from Ankara in the mornıng for a meandering drive to Hattusas, the ancient capital of the Hittite Empire. Before visiting the main ruins, we will proceed to Yazılıkaya to see the open air sanctuary as the sunlight begins to shine directly on the bas-reliefs. In the afternoon, we will visit the capital of Hattusas and see the Lion’s Gate, tunnel, the King’s Gate, the Citadel and the Grand Temple before returning to Ankara.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking Fees
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Hattusha
- Entry/Admission - Yazilikaya
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hattusha, Bogazkale Beldesi Sungurlu Merkez, Sungurlu, Bogazkale Turkey
Hattusha is the capital of Hittite's first Anatolian organised state to play an important role in the archaeological past of Anatolia. After the destruction of Hattus, the city of Hattusha was founded around 1600 BC. Hattusha is located within the Bogazkoy - Alacahoyuk National Park. The Hittites were one of the two largest civilizations of its age and excavations made at their capital city show that the first settlements in this area began with the Paleolithic Age, while the settlement was most fully advanced during the Old Bronze Age (3000-2500 BC). The oldest Hittite written in 1800 BC is at Bogazkoy. The town's wall and doors, the palace, the archives and temples are still there today. A temple called Yazilikaya is located 2 km away from the city. The first known open-air temple in Anatolia, Yazilikaya's flat rock faces, are carved with Hittite Gods’ and Goddess’ stone reliefs.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Yazilikaya, Bogazkale Turkey
The Yazılıkaya Rock Shrine is to the north of the capital. Two natural chambers, covered by the most sumptuous samples of the Hittite relief art with its walls, the gods and goddesses and the figures of the Grand King Tudhalie IV, are decorated with open-air temples.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Hand sanitizers and masks will be available for the best hygiene practice.- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time and let the lobby that you are expecting a tour guide.- Comfortable shoes are advised- Wheelchair users must inform our agent whether guest(s) is/are fully dependent on the chair or partly able to walk or move.- Guests must contact Deren Koray Tourism at least 24 hours before your product date to confirm your reservation and arrange transportation. Please use the contact details on your confirmation/voucher.- Upon pickup, please present your confirmation/voucher and photo ID in exchange for your product.- Airport picks up and transfers are also available at extra charge. Please contact us for further information.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/5/2020 - 10/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- For healthier travel experience, we will be upgrading our standard vehicles to SUVs, MPVs and Vans for 8 people or less and 16 or 33 seater minibuses for 9 people or more, both options at no extra cost. All medical regulations will be adhered to during this time until further notice for your safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.