Daan Viljoen Reserve Hike
Start your day with an adventure on this small-group hike through the Daan Viljoen Game Reserve. Walk with a guide and a group of eight people or fewer for roughly three miles (five kilometers), looking out for animals like zebras, wildebeests, kudus, giraffes, and more along the way. This tour includes park entrance fees and hotel pickup and drop-off.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
leave the city behind for a short (15-20 minute) drive to Daan Viljoen, just west of Windhoek. On arrival, grab your bags and some water and head off into the bush with your guide. This hike is relatively easy, but requires a moderate level of fitness, remembering that Windhoek is approximately 5577 feet (1700m) above sea level and temperatures can reach 77 degrees (25 celcius) by 10 am, even in winter months. Your guide will stop to explain the flora that you see along the way, as well as identify any wildlife that is in the area. Wildlife in Daan Viljoen is generally just plains wildlife and not aggressive, however, it is recommended that you keep a safe distance from all wild animals. The hike itself is between approximately 3 miles (5-6km) over hilly terrain. Mid-hike, stop for a snack and drink before continuing on through to the waterhole to see what animals might be quenching their thirst. On completion of the hike, you will be driven back to Windhoek and dropped off at your accommodation. Tour concludes at approximately 12:30 pm.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.