Cycling: Taiwan King of Mountain(KoM) Challenge
Popularly known as KoM, this is a legendary cycling route spanning 105km with a 3,275m elevation gain, and one of the top "must-do" rides for avid cyclists in Taiwan.
Starting from Hualien City, this challenging one-day adventure will pass through the breathtaking sights of Taroko National Park, features steep ascents and winding roads, and ends at the summit of Hehuan mountain.
During the trip, you will have support by van escort, and a bicycle mechanic. There will also be pit stops along the way should you need to rest.
per adult from
1 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Snacks & Sports Beverages
- Hotel pickup & Hotel drop off (Hualien City only)
- Support Van
- Shuttle to/from accommodation in Hualien City
What's excluded :
- Cycling Gear (Shoes, Helmet etc)
- Bicycle (Road Bike Rental available on request)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chishingtan Scenic Area, No. 5_, Lane 79, Qixing Street, Xincheng Taiwan
Cycling Route starts here.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Taroko National Park, No.291, Fushi Fushi Vil., Xiulin 97253 Taiwan
Along the way, you will pass by Taroko Arch Gate, Swallow Grotto, Tunnel of Nine Turns, Cimu Bridge, Tianxiang, Xibao Aboriginal School, Bilu Sacred Tree
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Hehuan Mountain (Hehuanshan), Renhe Rd., Renai Township ( Tai 14 33K), Ren'ai Township Taiwan
The cycling route ends at the top of Hehuan Mountain: Wuling (3,275m).
After this, you will be transported back to Hualien City via multivan. Your bikes will travel with you (mounted onto the vehicle).
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels in Taroko National Park (e.g. Silk's Place) or Farglory Ocean Park have an additional surcharge of NT$400Airports
- Hualien Airport, Xincheng Taiwan
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/11/2019 - 10/29/2021
Monday - Sunday: 06:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is outdoor sports with comfortable shoes and warm jacket
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather conditions will vary from sea level to summit, please bring waterproof and warm outerwear.
- Passport name and number is required for travel insurance at time of booking for all participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.