Cycling - El Burgo & Lakes of El Chorro - 46km - Moderate Level
This ride takes us along quiet roads from near Ronda to the region known as Andalucia’s “Lake District”, where three rivers have been dammed to create a series of beautiful blue lakes. We visit the original "Kings Dam" and then ride on to the gorge of El Chorro, where the river has cut its way through 200m tall limestone cliffs to carve a narrow channel, just 3m wide at the base.
The first section of the route follows a narrow, twisting mountain road which skirts the edge of the Sierra de las Nieves Natural Park to the village of El Burgo. We enjoy amazing views across the mountain landscape throughout. From El Burgo, the route continues along an undulating road through pine forest to Ardales. We then head onwards to the lakes before descending through strange weather-worn rocks in the Guadahorce park, down to the gorge at El Chorro. There is time for optional refreshments overlooking the final lake with views to El Chorro before we return to Ronda in our minibus.
per adult from
What's included :
- Water Bottle
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
Beginning high up in the mountains at the edge of the Sierra de las Nieves Natural Park, ride through mountains and pine forest. Continue on an undulating road past a network of lakes. Ride to the Kings' Dam and on to El Chorro gorge.
Departure Point :Estacíon de Ronda Adif, Av. Andalucía, 31, 29400 Ronda, Málaga, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
We arrange all our pickups to be as convenient as possible from Ronda hotels or locations near to where you are staying. Pickup will be arranged by email after confirmation of your booking.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.