Cycling Chagga Tribe Experience (coffee making, hot lunch, waterfalls)
Materuni is the home of the Chagga tribe and is still an authentic tribal village. This charming place is just 15km away from Moshi Town and is the last village before the Kilimanjaro National Park.
This tour will take you to this amazing place and have a chance to learn how to make coffee, see the Materuni waterfalls, eat an amazing local food and see the culture of the people living in the foothills of Kilimanjaro.
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Use of bicycle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Professional English speaking guide
- Entry/Admission - Materuni Waterfalls
What's excluded :
- Beer, Wine, Whiskey, Soda, Only mineral water we provide.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Materuni Waterfalls, Kisambi Juu Materuni, Moshi Tanzania
Our guide will then lead through the coffee and banana plantations to a spectacular waterfall of the Uru people (Materuni waterfalls). On the way, a local chagga guide from Moshi in Uru Village will tell and point out the fauna and flora of the region. In the afternoon, you will come up to the picnic site where we will serve the local food. This could be done at exactly 02:00 pm in the afternoon.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Not exceeding 5 km from Moshi town.Airports
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.