Cycling - Africa Mirador Circular - Challenging Level
This challenging ride takes us on a circular loop through the river valley and mountain ridges of the Guadiaro Valley. Lots of climbing and fantastic descents.
Starting outside Ronda in the riverside hamlet of Jimera estacion, we ride steadily uphill to the top of a mountain ridge, with views of the Genal Valley on one side and the Guadiaro valley on the other. We follow the ridge on a series of steady climbs, passing four white villages, and then climb further to the Africa Mirador viewpoint. The "mirador" sits on a major bird migration route from the southern continents up into Europe and delivers on its promise of fabulous views across to Africa and Gibraltar.
Then we turn off the ridge and head back down into the Guadiaro valley on a fast 10km descent which seems to go on forever. We climb again up to the village of Cortes de la Frontera and then finish with a nice easy descent back down to Jimera estacion. Time for optional refreshments before we return to Ronda by minibus.
per adult from
What's included :
- Water Bottle
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
A challenging road ride for strong riders who enjoy long ascents and fast descents. From Jimera village, climb high to the Africa Mirador for fabulous views across the Mediterranean Sea to Africa. Twisting mountain climbs throughout this ride.
Departure Point :Estacíon de Ronda Adif, Av. Andalucía, 31, 29400 Ronda, Málaga, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
We arrange all our pickups to be as convenient as possible from Ronda hotels or locations near to where you are staying. Pickup will be arranged by email after confirmation of your booking.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.