Cycle the old rail trails & Wine & Food- COWICHAN- NO HILLS, NO CARS Let's go!
This tour is unique to ISLAND TIME TOURS here on Vancouver Island.
Our destination: The Kinsol Trestle is one of eight trestles along the Cowichan Valley Trail route. One of the tallest free-standing and most spectacular timber rail trestle structures in the world. At 187 metres in length and standing 44 metres above the salmon bearing Koksilah River.
We'll park our bikes and find a nice place for lunch. Plenty of time to explore the trestle. Another great picture. The curved trestle among the forest really is something to see.
total distance approximately 12K or ~7 miles each way,
We will tackle both ways but not before you've had time to stretch, rest,enjoy lunch and explore the trestle.You can do it!
Or if everyone prefers one way we can do that too.
Driver/guide will leave group at lunch and move vehicle to closer pickup location if one way. We've installed best of the market bike racks, platform style.Designed for NOVICE riders, all skill levels welcome go at your own pace.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - snack, lunch with local tea, dessert with glass of wine at vineyard
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Rain poncho -one size fits all. We ride rain or shine.
What's excluded :
- BIKE NOT INCLUDED Please contact our office for details of local bike rental contacts.
- If you can sit on a bike this tour is for you. AMAZING!
Our route utilizes quite a bit of abandoned rail lines and includes wonderful meadows, ponds, wildlife, magnificent views and the spectacular curved Kinsol Trestle built in 1921 with a wonderful lunch served on the forest trail with tea in China teacups. Diet issue no problem with notice.
(one hour drive from downtown Victoria to trail head, rest/view stop along the way)
The entire route is FLAT, NO HILLS and NO CARS.
We dawdle and stop along the way to smell the wild flowers, pick berries or maybe dip your toes in any of the many creeks. We take time to stretch, relax, enjoy lunch and explore before cycling back (approx 7m each way, you can do it!)
Tour includes: transportation from Victoria and return for rider/bike, (bike rental not included)
After our ride we're off to a local vineyard to celebrate our ride, chat over dessert and a glass of local bubbly. Dress for the weather, rain or shine we bike!
You won't believe all the wonderful delights we pack into your lunch kit.
Diet issues no problem with notice. We'll stop at the Kinsol Trestle to enjoy our picnic
Sipping local Canadian tea served in china tea-cups.
• Kinsol Trestle, Gleneagles Road, British Columbia Canada
• scones or muffins - warm fresh made scones/muffins to start off the day
• Picnic lunch - Each person has a lunch kit filled with local delights & served with local tea in china Teacups.This tour is all about local sights and delights.
• Dessert & bubbly - After your cycle we're off to a beautiful local winery to brag about our ride. Sit back and enjoy a seasonal dessert with a glass of wine.
Departure Point :463 Belleville St, Victoria, BC V8V 1X3, Canada
Departure Time :9:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Children will be required to ride a bike on their own, we have limited seats available due to COVID and must have one parent per child
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.