Cycle the Loop Head peninsula. Clare. Private guided. Full/half day.
Loop Head 65km cycleway;
See Alpacas - The Flying Alpaca and Loop Head Alpacas;
Birdwatching along the coast;
Thalassotherapy - sea water & seaweed spa;
Swim at the Pollock Holes.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bike and helmet.
What's excluded :
- Food & drinks.
Cyclists keen to experience Loop Head on two wheels will be relieved to learn that the peninsula has a very gently undulating topography, with almost no daunting hills. The Loop Head Cycleway is a 65km circuit along the coast roads starting and ending in Kilkee, hugging the shores of the Shannon to the south and the Atlantic to the North. Take it in stages, staying in any of the guesthouses along the way, and arrange to have your bags transported from stop to stop.
Enjoy spectacular coastal scenery while learning about various historical and geological features along the way. The Loop Head Heritage Trail is signposted and has an audio guide. From the tip of Loop Head to Ross Beach and Bridge, there is an opportunity to see whales and dolphins from the coast, as well as a variety of nesting seabirds.
The quiet country roads are ideal for cycling around the whole peninsula.
Departure Point :Gleesons of Kilrush, 2-4 Henry St, Drimna, Kilrush, Co. Clare, V15 WN56, Ireland
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.