Customs and Culture Half Day Walk and Bike Tour in Battambang
Your guide will take you by bicycle to witness first hand the melting pot of cultures, ethnicities and religions, that exist in modern Cambodia. First we visit families in a Muslim fishing village outside of Battambang. We will explore the village on foot and learn about their traditional livelihoods, family history, and ways of living. After getting some coffee and quick rest, we will ride through the countryside and arrive at a Buddhist temple, where you will have a chance to chat with a young, friendly Buddhist monk. The tour includes a Cambodian style lunch at a family home.
per adult from
270 to 330 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tuk Tuk pick up in the morning from your hotel
- One drink from Kinyei Cafe before or after the tour
- Friendly, English-speaking, First-Aid Certified local guide
- High quality imported Mountain bike (Giant, Trek, GT)
- A crash course on basic Khmer, the Cambodian language, so you can greet the locals in their language.
- Water and snack along the way
- Cambodian style lunch at a family home
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Drop off at hotel after the tour
- Start the day off at our office in the center of town. Go into the countryside with our local guides to learn about the different roles in a Muslim fishing village such as a net weaver, fisherman, and dried fish maker. You'll ride through scenic rice fields and learn about local rice production and the importance of rice to Cambodian life. Take a break and enjoy drinks at a local Muslim cafe. Have a chance to explore a Buddhist temple and speak with a young monk there to learn about his lifestyle and more about Buddhist culture. Finish the tour with an authentic Cambodian style lunch.
This tour is suitable for people of all fitness levels. The ride is about 17 km. After hotel pickup, the tour starts from the Soksabike office at 7:30 and returns around 12:30pm.
Departure Point :Your Battambang hotel
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Soksabike Office
Street 1.5, Near Psar Nat and Kinyei Cafe
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear clothing that covers your shoulders out of respect for rural culture. Please be sure to wear sunscreen. We provide water but we suggest using a backpack for any other things you'd like to bring like cameras, etc as there are no baskets on the bikes.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.