Cusco Express 3 Days - 2 Nights
Welcome to Cusco!
Peru offers so much variety and this itinerary combines it all. First, we'll fly across the Andes to Cusco and the Sacred Valley where we will wander some of South America's best markets and discover a variety of Spanish and Inca heritage. Then, it's on to Machu Picchu and the mysteries of that Inca city.
Before the Tour, your guide will meet you at your hotel for an in-depth briefing. This provides an opportunity to ask any questions you might have.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation: 2 night(s) in hotel(s) in Cusco.
- Excursions: Cusco, Machu Picchu.
- Transfers: All airport transfers, Hotel pickup and drop-off, all transfers are assisted by English-speaking staff.
- All guided excursions in English in shared/group service (up to 15 travelers)
- All tour and intermediate transfers.
- Expedition Trains to/from Aguas Calientes.
- Airport transfers.
- Support Staff: Administration and Staff available 24 hours.
- Transport: bus, minivan, on foot.
- Local top quality English-speaking guides to accompany visits and excursions.
What's excluded :
- Optional climb to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain.
- International and domestic flights and airport taxes.
- Personal expenses.
- Meals not noted.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips (optional)
- DAY 01: ARRIVAL CUSCO – AFTERNOON CITY TOUR (B)
A member of our staff will be waiting for you at the airport, with a sign with your name on it, to transport you to your hotel.
The city tour will start at 13:00 pm. Today we have a guided tour of Cusco and its nearby ruins. The city, once capital of the extensive Inca Empire, has seen many changes since Francisco Pizarro's men took the city with such apparent ease in November 1533. We explore the city by foot to appreciate its superbly constructed Inca walls and architecturally extravagant colonial churches and palaces. This also includes a visit of Koricancha, the ancient Golden Temple of the Sun. After this we take a short drive to visit the monolithic walls of Sacsayhuaman along with Tambomachay, better known as ‘the bath of the Inca’. Both sites are set above the city in spectacular scenery. In the afternoon you may have time to explore some of the central parts of the city and a chance to look at some of the great varieties of local craft work.
Overnight at: Casa Andina Classic Plaza or similar.
DAY 2 – MACHU PICCHU FULL DAY TOUR (B)
Breakfast at Hotel; you will be picked up from your hotel at 5:30AM for your transfer to Ollantaytambo station. You will travel by train to the town of Aguas Calientes, an experience in which you will see the striking scenery of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Upon your arrival, you will take a bus to the Machu Picchu archaeological site and tour the hidden wonders of this UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site. Your guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets. You can then wander around the town squares as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Once the guided tour is over, you will have some free time to explore the site on your own, to relax, or to meditate.
You will then have time to indulge in a few of the following activities on your own (not included in the price)
– Climb up Huayna Picchu and appreciate the beauty and magnificence of Machu Picchu from there.
– You will be given some time to walk till the Sun Gate or Inti Punku.
– Other optional activities in Aguas Calientes include a visit to the new local museum or to the hot springs.
Train to Cusco: You will descend to Aguas Calientes and, later on, board the train for the return trip to Cusco. On reaching Cusco train station you will be met and taken to your hotel.
Overnight at: Casa Andina Classic Plaza or similar.
DAY 3 – TRANSFER HOTEL – CUSCO AIRPORT (B)
We will pick you up from your hotel and take you to the airport of Cusco so you can take your flight back home. We at Peru Andes Top hope you enjoyed, like we did, this challenging adventure, with the aim of being able to see you again soon and enjoy another remarkable story together.
Departure Point :At your Cusco hotel(every day, including holidays)
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Your Cusco hotel.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- During the travel, your main luggage can be stored at our office or at your hotel, both free of charge.
- Original passport or identity card
- Small bag for accessories (allowed are maximum 6 kg in the train to and from Aguas Calientes)
- Daypack for personal items
- Comfortable clothes and appropriate footwear (hiking boots or sandals recommended)
- Extra money for souvenirs and handicrafts
- Camera and charger
- Insect repellent
- Scarf or hat in order to protect against the intense sun
- Warm jacket for the evening
- Personal medications
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.