Cusco City & Nearby Ruins
Explore Cusco, the ancient capital of the Inca Empire and visit its impressive complexes and Pre Hispanic temples
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Entrance Tickets to Attractions ( 110 soles per person)
- Entry/Admission - Qorikancha
- Entry/Admission - Cusco Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Sacsayhuaman
- Entry/Admission - Q'enqo
- Entry/Admission - Tambomachay
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Qorikancha, Avenida El Sol, 3rd block, Cusco Peru
Built during the reign of the Inca Pachacutec to honor the Sun, the Tawantinsuyos' most important divinity, Qorikancha translates as "Court of Gold." Conquistadors' jaws must have dropped when they saw the gold-plated walls of the temple glinting in the sunlight.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Cusco Cathedral, Portal Belen Plaza de Armas, Cusco 08002 Peru
Dominating the Plaza de Armas, the monumental cathedral is one of Cusco's grandest buildings. Built in 1550 on the site of the palace of the Inca Wiracocha and using stones looted from the nearby Inca fortress of Sacsayhuamán, the cathedral is a perfect example of the imposition of the Catholic faith on the indigenous population.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Sacsayhuaman, Cusco 08000 Peru
This immense ruin of both religious and military significance was built using megalithic limestone rocks, some of them weighing as much as 120 tons, The name itself can be translated as “speckled head” and some say that the city of Cusco was laid out in the shape of a puma, with Sacsayhuaman forming the head.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Q'enqo, Cusco Peru
It was one of the most important wak'as (holy places) in the Incan Cusco. Many wak'as were based on naturally occurring rock formations. It was believed to be a place where sacrifices and mummification took place.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Tambomachay, Cusco Peru
Tambomachay might have fulfilled an imortant religious function linked with water and the regeneration of the soil. It is calculated that it was built around 1500 a,C., in close relation to Puca Pucara.
Duration: 35 minutes
Pass By: Puka Pukara Archaeological Complex, 08000, Peru
Means in Quechua “red fortress”, and it took this name because of the colour of the stones used for its construction. It occupies a very strategic space over a natural mountain spur for facilitating observation and control over the valley of Cusco.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please Provide Hotel details for Pick upHotel Name:Hotel Address:Hotel Telephone:
Departure Time :2 pm
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.