cusco- maras - moray
Private and completely personalized, your one-of-a-kind itinerary takes into account all the practicalities as well as the fun stuff
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Complejo Arqueologico Chinchero
- Entry/Admission - Salinas de Maras
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Complejo Arqueologico Chinchero, Chinchero 08651 Peru
We will pick up in your hotel to go to the Quechua village of Chinchero. This town is located 28 km outside of Cusco and is surrounded by patchwork style fields with exquisite natural colours. Chinchero is a charming town, with colonial style buildings and was a major agricultural center during the Tawantinsuyo cultural period. Here you can appreciate the stone walls with trapezoidal niches and a traditional market where locals still practice bartering. The women of Chinchero are easily recognized for their very distinguishing clothing and braided hair.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Salinas de Maras, Carreta a Maras, Maras 08655 Peru
We will go on to the picturesque town of Maras. It is located at an altitude of 3,380 meters above sea level. This is a small village famous for its salt mines which consist of about 3000 small pools with an average area of about 5m² from which salt is extracted after a drying process. The Salt mines, better known as “Salineras de Maras”, have been exploited since Incan times as a means of economic exchange. 7 km from Maras, we will arrive at the archaeological site of Moray. We will see the greatness of the circular terraces of Incan agriculture. Moray is a group of circular terraces which was used as an agricultural experimental center. The Incas used it to study the adaptation of plants to new ecosystems. The overlapping circular stone rings widen as they rise and it has a total depth of 150 m.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.