Cursed Talakadu temples and Somnathpur from Bangalore
Just 130 kilometers away from bangalore are the mysterious and cursed temples of Talakadu. Earlier Used to be fertile area due to to the proximity by the river, later after a curse the whole of Talakadu came under sand dunes, but with NO desert like climate around. There were whole Temples excavated from the sand; one could imagine the size of the sand dunes!
Among the temples excavated, there are 5 temples dedicated to Lord Shiva called the Panchalingeshwara Temples.
also VISIT THE SOOTHING WATERFALLS OF SHIVANASAMUDRA AND THE ARCHITECTURAL GENIUS THE TEMPLES OF SOMNATHPURA
per adult from
6 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Parking Fees
- Stay in a budget professional hotel with all basic western amenities
What's excluded :
- Local guide and monument entry fees
- Entry/Admission - Shivanasamudra Falls
- Entry/Admission - Chennakesava Temple
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shivanasamudra Falls, Chamarajanagar India
Pickup from your hotel in bangalore and get driven to Talakadu enroute visiting Shivanasamudra falls. Shivanasamudra is a segmented waterfall with several parallel stream formed adjacent to each other.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Talakad, Talakad, Mysore District, Karnataka
Later visit the cursed tours of Talakadu which used to had over 30 temples, most are them are buried in the sand today due to a cursed by a queen which committed suicide in the river beside. Some of these temples have been excavated and are open for public. There are five temples dedicated to Lord Siva - Pathaleshwara, Maruleshwara, Arkeshwara, Vaideeshwara and Mallikarjuneshwara Temple. The Keerthinarayana temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu is a beautiful site with wonderful carvings.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chennakesava Temple, Belur 573115 India
Visit the famous Chenakesava temple at Somnatghpur , The Hoysala temples are known for minute & intricate carvings and sculptures with metal like polishing.
Later you will be dropped back to your hotel/airport in Bangalore
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Centrally located banglore hotels/airport
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.