Culturally Rich Chennai - a Private Day Tour
Chennai is a culturally rich city located in the Tamil Nadu region of Southeast India. On this private day tour, you will visit several religious sites including the Kapaleeshwarar Temple, colorfully adorned with carved painted gods and one of the most famous landmarks of Chennai. You will also visit the 17th-century St. Mary's Anglican church, the ornate Roman-Catholic San Thome Church, and the architecturally-magnificent and expansive Ripon Building. The tour also gives you a chance to see Marina Beach, one of the longest and most beautiful beaches in India.
• Government Museum
• Fort St George and St Mary’s Church
• San Thome Basilica
• Kapaleeshwar Temple
• Marina Beach
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
What's included :
- English Speaking Local Guide.
- Transport by private vehicle.
- Hotel pick up / drop off within city center in Chennai.
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person per day.
- Entry/Admission - Fort St. George
- Entry/Admission - Marina Beach
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fort St. George, St. George Street, Chennai (Madras) India
You will be picked up in your private vehicle & guide from your hotel in Chennai at 08:30 AM and proceed for your private full day trip of Chennai.
Your tour starts with Mount Road, the busiest road in Chennai. Here you will have a view of the city including malls and British colonial buildings. After that, you will go to the Pantheon complex built by the British. Today, this complex houses the Government Museum, the Connemara Library and the National Art Gallery.
After your museum stop, visit the Egmore & Central Railway Station. Its unique architecture is a mix of Mughal, Gothic and Renaissance styles.
Another pride of Chennai city is the Ripon Building. The building was named after Lord Ripon, Governor General and Viceroy of India (1880-1884). Next, you will go to Fort St.George, another legacy of the British. It is a well known historical monument in Chennai. This Cathedral was built on his burial site.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Marina Beach Road, Chennai (Madras) 600005 India
You will then visit Kapaleeshwar Temple. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. There are a number of intricate designs and sculptures on the Gopuram.. The legend says that the Goddess Parvathi worshipped Lord Shiva in the form of a peacock.
A stop for a buffet lunch at a local restaurant will be made (lunch at own expense). After the lunch break, you will visit Marina Beach. Chennai has over 370 miles of natural urban beach along the Bay of Bengal.
The tour ends with a stop at one of the shopping areas, either T Nagar or Mylapore. As you drive here, you will see the busy street of George Town with their evening bazaars and flower markets. Your private tour will ends with your return to your hotel in Chennai around 5:30 PM.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Chennai (Madras), Chennai (Madras), Chennai District, Tamil Nadu
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Be advised to dress modestly for places of worship; spaghetti straps and short shorts are not recommended
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen with hats or scarf for ladies are highly recommended
- Not recommended for participants with heart or other serious medical conditions.
- Government Museum & Fort St. George Closed on Every Friday, National and Public Holidays.
- Fort Sightseeing restricted to Fort Museum only due to Legislative Assembly and Restricted areas
- Photography banned due to Military status of Fort
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.