Cultural Tour of Lepakshi and Nandi Hills region with Breakfast & Lunch
In this day-long guided tour, we will explore a variety of fascinating sites from different eras. These include ancient Hindu temples; medieval ramparts and fortifications; an over 800-year-old tamarind grove - one of India's handful biodiversity Heritage sites; a cottage workshop making yarn from silk cocoons; a pottery workshop; and a visit to a century-old train station stuck in a time warp. Breakfast and lunch are included in the price
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All entry Fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Central Bengaluru
- Service of a Cultural/Heritage Expert for the duration of the Tour
- Transport by private air-conditioned car or minivan or Coach
- Entry/Admission - Hidden Gems Tours
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Personal Shopping
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hidden Gems Tours, Koramangala, Bengaluru 560034 India
A fascinating day trip exploring an array of cultural, historical and natural wonders of India
Our first stop is for a sumptuous South Indian breakfast. We then quickly make our way to a quaint town to explore an amazing medieval temple having India's biggest Nandi bull; Snake sculpture and the largest hand-painted fresco. It is the home of a few mysterious hanging pillars too
We then move on to watch skilful workers create silk thread out of silk cocoons at a cottage sericulture workshop. Get to know the various stages in the creation of fine silk fabrics that this region is historically famous for. Next stop is a pottery workshop where you can try your hand at making a custom urn or a pot of clay. A visit to a quaint century-year-old train station stuck in a time warp, follows.
We then move on to explore a remarkable 9th-century Hindu temple frozen in time. It is the oldest one in the Bangalore region. Learn about the fabled empires of South India that have left their marks within its boundaries.
The region is home to one of India's handful Biodiversity Heritage sites. We explore his remarkable 800-year old Tamarind trees grove. The gnarled tree trunks and extraordinary root suckers propping the old trees is a botanical marvel.
Our final stop is a visit to the ramparts of a couple of forts from the 16th and 18th century. Get to know about the valiant 18th-century warrior and statesman, Tipu Sultan and his indelible impact and contributions.
We are back in Bangalore by about 6 pm
Duration: 12 hours
Departure Point :M G ROAD, METRORAIL STATION, Mahatma Gandhi Rd, Shanthala Nagar, Shivaji Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001, India
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-up and drop-off (From central Bangalore area only) or M G Road Metrorail Station
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Language English only
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Minimum age is 4 years
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- Wheelchair not accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.