Cultural Evening in the Thar Desert - Jaisalmer
This is a half-day excursion to the Thar Desert from Jaisalmer in the state of Rajasthan. The drive will leave you mesmerized by the natural beauty and silence of the desert landscape. You will explore the ruins of the ghost village of Kuldhara before continuing your drive to a desert camp. Take a camel safari at sunset and then spend the evening enjoying some Rajasthani songs and dances.
• Ghost village of Kuldhara
• Camel Safari
• Rajasthani Cultural Program
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- English speaking local guide
- Live entertainment
- Afternoon tea
- Buffet dinner with beverages
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Thar Desert
What's excluded :
- Additional food or drinks unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Thar Desert, India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the afternoon from where you will drive to a camp in the Thar desert.
En route, visit the abandoned village of Kuldhara. Established around the 13th century, this was once a prosperous village. It was abandoned by its inhabitants around the 19th century for reasons that are not yet known. Over the years Kuldhara acquired the reputation of being a haunted site. You can explore the ruins of this once prosperous village before continuing onwards.
Your next stop will be at the desert camp. Take in the breathtaking views of the desert sands as you ride on a camel. The whole place acquires a magical appeal at sunset. After sunset enjoy an evening of traditional Rajasthani songs and dance. Watch the shadows of the night approach in the glow of the campfire. The evening concludes with a buffet dinner of classical Rajasthani dishes.
At the end of the tour you will be driven back to Jaisalmer and dropped-off at your hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Jaisalmer, Jaisalmer, Jaisalmer District, Rajasthan
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Jaisalmer Airport, Jaisalmer India
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable clothes with a warm layer for the evening
- All meals are vegetarian
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.