Cuevas, Montserrat and Codorniu: premium full-day tour from Barcelona.
Full day tour, we will enter the heart of the Montserrat mountain in the spectacular caves that bear his name, stalactites, stalagmites and columns that inspired Gaudi himself in his main works. Outside the magic mountain of Montserrat, we will visit its old monastery and its place of sacred worship, then to end the tour we will visit the oldest winery in Spain Codorníu, a tour with tasting and electric train ride to the largest underground cellars of Europe.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tasting of three Cavas
- Guided visit to the Monastery of Montserrat
- Local English and Spanish speaking tour guide
- Guided tour of Montserrat Caves
- Guided visit to Codorníu wineries
- Montserrar aerial funicular
- In Codorníu appetizer (potato chips, olives and minifuets)
- Entry/Admission - Las Cuevas del Salitre
- Entry/Admission - Aeri de Montserrat
- Entry/Admission - Caves Anna d’ Codorniu
What's excluded :
- Transfer to and from the hotel
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Las Cuevas del Salitre, Collbato Spain
You just have to cross the entrance threshold to start a journey of about 400 meters and 500 steps following the most spacious and most beautifully decorated ducts by successive generations of speleothems (stalactites, stalagmites and columns). Walk enriched by expert guides who, in addition to explaining the characteristics and the result of the geological process that has shaped the cavity, will show us the habitat of the first settlers of Montserrat and will enter us into a world of stories and legends. These caves inspired Gaudi himself in his main works.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Aeri de Montserrat, Ctra C-55 , Km 11,5, 08199 Monistrol de Montserrat Spain
Upon arrival in Montserrat, the best way to climb the magical mountain is in the Aeri de Montserrat, during the journey you can admire the magnificent panorama and even the famous Monumental Rosary of the Virgin.
Duration: 8 minutes
Stop At: Montserrat Mountains, Montserrat Mountains, Catalonia
Enjoy the Montserrat Massif National Park, its capricious forms of the most emblematic mountain of Catalonia are the result of a geological and geomorphological process of millions of years. You will visit its old monastery and its place of sacred worship that houses “la Moreneta”, the black virgin of the basilica of Montserrat. Enjoy the famous children's choir of the Escolanía de Montserrat.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Caves Anna d’ Codorniu, Carrer de Can Codorniu s/n, 08770 Sant Sadurni d'Anoia Spain
An exciting journey to the origins of cava:
Codorníu is synonymous with the history of a family of winemakers that dates back to the 16th century. It is the oldest family business in Spain and one of the oldest in the world. It currently has more than 450 years of history. We will visit the largest underground wineries in Europe that we will travel with a train. Discover our new space Anna, a unique, elegant and feminine place, specially created to enjoy a tasting of three of our most emblematic cavas, accompanied by a snack (potato chips, olives and minifuets).
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Hard Rock Cafe, Plaça de Catalunya, 21, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- It is NOT for people with reduced mobility
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.