Cuetzalan Magic Town (private tour)
Cuetzalan is a charming indigenous jewel, away from the noise and turmoil of the city. Experience the colorful weekend market where natives in their traditional attire practice bartering as they have done for generations. See and experience indigenous products, arts and crafts, as well as large varieties of spices and fruits. Try a variety of locally grown coffee and enjoy gastronomic delights. This is a full day tour that is educational, exciting and fun.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Tour Guide
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica De Yohualichan
What's excluded :
- Archaeological Zone Ticket
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Apulco, Pue., Mexico
This will be the first stop of our tour, here we can appreciate the beauty of one of the most beautiful waterfalls on the way to Cuetzalan.
In a brief morning walk, we will enter the green and thick vegetation to reach the cliffs that surround the imposing waterfall of more than thirty-five meters.
The view is spectacular and the fresh air of the area is ideal to start discovering the Magic Sierra.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Cuetzalan del Progreso, Cuetzalan del Progreso, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Experience the magical town Cuetzalan, located in La Sierra Norte de Puebla on a picturesque mountain plateau with terraces of abundant ferns caressed by the mist. This tour will take you through narrow streets full of small cafes, embroidery, flower vendors, huaraches, workshops and food stalls.
Pause to admire the spectacle of the "flying" and learn how the indigenous population of Cuetzalan preserves their ancestral traditions and way of life. A truly fascinating journey through time.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Zona Arqueologica De Yohualichan, Supercarretera Puebla-Xalapa, Cuetzalan del Progreso Mexico
Yohualichan or La Casa de la Noche, due to its Nahua origin, is an important archaeological zone that was established around the year 600 of our era and is only twenty minutes from Cuetzalan.
Its importance lies in the fact that it was the first settlement of the Totonac people and it is believed that this could be the advanced site for post-Tajín migration.
The architecture of the ceremonial buildings in Yohualichan is arranged with the traditional niches that distinguished the Totonacs and its main pyramid is oriented linearly to the Tajín for approximately 60 kilometers.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We include all the hotels of the Historic Center of Puebla. If your hotel does not appear on the list, write us to organize your pick-up.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.