Côte-Rôtie & Vienne Region Roman History with Wine Tasting from Lyon
A roman city that gave its name to the wine of this region in the roman times, it is a “must-see”! Vitis Vienna was one of the best wine of the Roman Empire and the city of Vienne had the second commercial harbour after Ostie. Come and live this history and taste this wine still exceptional today!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Restroom on board
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vienne, Vienne, Isere, Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes
Just 20 minutes south of Lyon, come to discover Vienne, a small town with a big historical past.
We will tell you the secrets of this roman city that became an important town in the Middle-ages as illustrated by the majestic cathedral.
Vienne represents nowadays one the most important archeological heritage in France. You’ll see several roman remains such a temple built in the 1st century BC during a stroll in the lovely old town.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ampuis, Ampuis, Rhone, Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes
You will then go on the other side of the Rhône river to discover the Northern Côtes du Rhône. In the Côte-rôtie vineyard, you will learn and understand how this area can produce a wine with such an aromatic richness. You’ll immediately be seduced by the magnificent view over the Rhône valley and the abrupt hillsides of these vineyards.
You will go to a local winery where you’ll delight yourself with the spicy and red fruit aromas but especially the elegance of the Côte rôtie.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your residential areaAirports
- Lyon Satolas Airport, Lyon France
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.