Cruise-Tour Excursion Muscat city tour full day
An excursion to the most characteristic and traditional corners of Muscat, from souks to museums, to discover the true heart of the city.
WHAT WE WILL SEE
• The Grand Mosque (open from 8 am to 11 Pm-we will visit from 8:30 am to 10:30 am)
• Packed lunch on the beach (from 12 pm to 01 pm)
• Royal Opera House Photo Stop (Photo stop from 2 pm to 2:30 pm)
• The Muttrah suk (from 4 pm to 10 pm-we will be visit from 4 pm to 5 pm)
• Al-Alam Palace (Photo stop at 5 pm)
• Exterior of the fort of Al-Jalali
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque
- Entry/Admission - Royal Opera House
- Entry/Admission - Mutrah Souq
- Entry/Admission - Al Alam Palace
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, Sultan Qaboos St, Muscat 113 Oman
Imposing from the outside, this glorious piece of modern Islamic architecture was a gift to the nation of Sultan Qaboos to celebrate its thirtieth year of reign. The main prayer hall is breathtakingly beautiful. The Persian carpet alone measures 70 meters by 60 meters wide, making it the second largest Iranian hand-shaped rug in the world; it took 600 women for four years to weave. Mwasalat buses stop in front of the mosque.
The mosque is built on a site that occupies 416,000 m2 (4,480,000 square feet) and the complex covers an area of 40,000 m2 (430,000 square feet). The new great mosque was inaugurated by the Sultan of Oman on 4 May 2001 to celebrate the 30th anniversary of his reign.
The mosque, which can hold 20,000 faithful, including 750 women in a private room (prayer hall), is an active place of worship, particularly for Friday prayers.
An important feature of interior design is the prayer rug that covers the floor of the prayer room. It contains 1,700,000,000 knots, weighs 21 tons and took four years to produce and brings together the classic Persian design traditions Tabriz, Kashan and Isfahan. 28 colors were used in various shades, most obtained from traditional vegetable dyes. It was the largest one-piece rug in the world, but now it is the second, after the Sheikh Zayed Mosque in Abu Dhabi, in the United Arab Emirates.  This hand-woven rug was produced by the Iran Carpet Company (ICC) under the order of the Diwan of the Royal Court of Sultanate. The carpet measures over 70 by 60 meters (230 by 200 feet) and covers the surface area of 4,343 m2 (46,750 square feet) of the prayer hall.
The chandelier above the prayer hall is 14 meters high and was manufactured by the Italian company Faustig. Since the mosque is 90 meters high, the chandler seems proportional, but it was the largest chandelier in the world,  before being replaced in this regard by the Sheikh Zayed Mosque in Abu Dhabi.  It weighs 8.5 tons, includes 600,000 crystals, 1,122 halogen bulbs with dimming system and includes a scale for maintenance inside the chandelier. Thirty-four smaller chandeliers of the same design are hung in other parts of the building.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Royal Opera House, Al Kharijiyah Street, Muscat 113 Oman
Photo stop The Royal Opera House Muscat (ROHM) is Oman's premier venue for musical arts and culture. The opera house is located in Shati Al-Qurm district of Muscat on Sultan Qaboos Street. Built on the royal orders of Sultan Qaboos of Oman, the Royal Opera House reflects unique contemporary Omani architecture, and has a capacity to accommodate maximum of 1,100 people. The opera house complex consists of a concert theatre, auditorium, formal landscaped gardens, cultural market with retail, luxury restaurants and an art centre for musical, theatrical and operatic productions.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mutrah Souq, Al Bahri Rd Near Corniche Restaurant, 113 Oman
our next stop is stroll in Muthra souq, if you want to buy and see market you have to go inside and can find many handicraft items, wooden work and silver jewelry antique and new.
Many people come to Mutrah Corniche just to visit the souq, which retains the chaotic interest of a traditional Arab market albeit housed under modern timber roofing. Shops selling Omani and Indian artefacts together with a few antiques jostle among more traditional textile, hardware and jewellery stores. Bargaining is expected although discounts tend to be small. Cards are generally accepted in most shops, but bring cash for better deals. The main entry is via the Corniche, opposite the pedestrian traffic lights.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Al Alam Palace, Waterfront Oman
We have after photo stop Sultan Qaboos palace, which is build in 1972 between 2 Portuguese forts, mirali and jailai.
The palace, one of six royal residences of the ruling monarch, Sultan Qaboos, has a history of over 200 years, built by Imam Sultan bin Ahmed the 7th direct grandfather of the current Sultan. The existing palace, which has a facade of gold and blue, was rebuilt as a royal residence in 1972. The inner grounds of the palace remain off-limits but visitors are permitted to stop near the gates and take photographs. Al Alam Palace is surrounded by the Mirani and Jalali Forts built in the 16th century by the Portuguese.
The Palace is used for official functions and receiving distinguished visitors and in January 2012, the Sultan received Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands at Al Alam Palace during her state visit to Oman.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :As Sultan Qaboos Port, Muscat, Oman
Traveler pickup is offered
Once we do your pick up we request to all ladies to cover your self with long sleeve dress with long dress which cover your lags till feets. Carry one scarf to cover your heads. Gents you are not allowed to where half paints and shots. Half sleeves T-shirts are ok no issues. IMP: Grand mosque close at 11:00 am it taks 2 hrs to see complete. You must be arrive grand mosque maximum at 9:00 am. We start tour from hotels at 8:00 Am Airports
- Seeb Airport, Oman
- Muscat sea port
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant meals not included
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 18 years
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Dress code is formal
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 04 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 40 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Refunds will be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.